Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Belfast Return 80 euro. DAY RETURN.

Options
  • 21-02-2019 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Just on the enterprise train .
    Left from Connolly to go to Belfast , titanic visit.

I was running late for train.
    I asked at counter for 2 adult returns ( should have asked for one adult and one student , son 18 in college , that's my error)

I had googled yesterday and thought about 17.50 , each.

I was shocked but as I had clearly identified the fare and the guy behind the counter asked did I want day return , I said , yes.

On train , now googling fares , can't see anywhere, fares at that price.

Advice ! Anyone travel to Belfast day return recently? .

If so , is this the region of price paid ?
    It's an Irish rail ticket , its enterprise N I. train .

Thks
    Paddy

Pa what can I do now , if overcharged , as I suspect I was ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Just on the enterprise train .
    Left from Connolly to go to Belfast , titanic visit.

I was running late for train.
    I asked at counter for 2 adult returns ( should have asked for one adult and one student , son 18 in college , that's my error)

I had googled yesterday and thought about 17.50 , each.

I was shocked but as I had clearly identified the fare and the guy behind the counter asked did I want day return , I said , yes.

On train , now googling fares , can't see anywhere, fares at that price.

Advice ! Anyone travel to Belfast day return recently? .

If so , is this the region of price paid ?
    It's an Irish rail ticket , its enterprise N I. train .

Thks
    Paddy

Pa what can I do now , if overcharged , as I suspect I was ?

Day return for student is 29 euro adult day return is 33.50

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Day return for student is 29 euro adult day return is 33.50

Day return X Border STD, IS printed on ticket , well thanks for quick reply , at 33.50 , I appear to be overcharge by 12 /13 euro , not so bad so thanks a mill.

I will call to ticket office ,and clarify later , many thanks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Dublin Coach is about ten euros return per person.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭jayobray

Adult day return Connolly to Belfast is €40, according to IR website

http://www.irishrail.ie/rail-fares-and-tickets/dublin-belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ExoPolitic

booking in advance is usually cheaper, buy cheap tickets when you see them.

• Advertisement

I travel it very regular 2 3 times a month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

I travel it very regular 2 3 times a month

But do you buy walkup tickets? They always sting you on those...

Actually even on the website tickets for this weekend are working out at €40

BeardySi wrote: »

No always purchase In Advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

BeardySi wrote: »

Its sorted I was on to them...walk up , is right, should have done on line. All grand now , I did think it was a genuine error, seems not ! As an aside Broad band brutal- lol - for that price you would imagine broadband ,non patchy , hey that s life , thanks for all replies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

tretorn wrote: »

Penneys do nice polyester trousers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Try booking a walkup fare on Ryanair. You are in for a whole new world of pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭XPS_Zero

tretorn wrote: »

True, but you'd have a very uncomfortable journey which in no way will match the absurd claim of 1hour50min, possibly with a breakdown along the way.

Or get the Enterprise and have decent WIFI, comfortable seats, a restaurant car and food cart, and faster than most busses or in case of DC only a few minutes later.

Unless you are a strapped for cash student, IMO taking the trains way way better.

If comfort on a bus is your aim go with Aircoach because neither Translink nor BE seem to use their best coaches on this route anymore.

Translinks double deckers are used on the Derry-Dublin route about 50% of the time and have reclining leather seats great wifi and usb plugs, however they never use them on the Dublin route they use single deckers whos wifi almost never works and seats are very close together (while comfortable).

BE rarely have a double decker comfy bus on the X2 route now, often you'll be lucky to get a BE bus AT ALL they dump contractors (bad ones) on this route a lot and wifi never works on BE either.

For all these reasons I vastly prefer the Enterprise

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

A quick glance at BE and IE timetables/fares indicates to me that the Day Return for an adult is €20 by bus or €40 by rail - I could be wrong as I find both sites tiresome to use.

I prefer rail travel but I have used the BE service to Belfast on occasion when feeling poor and it compares very favourably with the train - comfort and price. That said, when I am in funds it's 1st class on the Enterprise. Either the train is too expensive or the bus is too cheap. :confused:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Aircoach is the best of the bus services to Belfast, decent coaches, round the clock timetable, decent fare, reliable and punctual and good city centre location.

The Dublin Coach one is prone to delays, the timetable is rather optimistic and there is a whole thread about them further down this forum.

Advertisement