Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Mark Hollis (Talk Talk)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,209 ✭✭✭emo72

Jayney Mac , he must have been young. Very sad, great band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

He was 64. Very young by today's standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Absolute legend.Always hoped Talk Talk would do one last tour.What a voice he had.Really gutted.

Live At Montreux 86 must be one of the greatest ever concerts I have watched/listened too.His voice was really amazing at this.Would of gave my right arm to of been there.

Such A Shame! :(

R.I.P. Mark Hollis!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

I'm absolutely gutted by this news. The Colour Of Spring, Spirit Of Eden and Laughing Stock are 3 of the best albums ever made. Rarely a week goes by that I don't listen to one of them. RIP Mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

Ah no, a great band, great vocalist and lyricist, I was reading up on them a few years ago as they are one of those bands that just disappeared from the spotlight and read that he quit the music biz years ago to focus on his family, by all accounts a very decent guy, r.i.p Mark you’ve left a great legacy behind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

This is awful. Spirit of Eden and Laughing Stock are my two favourite albums ever. He was an absolute genius. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

When Mark Hollis tired of being a "pop star" he came in to his own, phase two of Talk Talk were cosmically magnificent - just perfect music really.

Here's a strange one - Give it Up was featured 'live' in the Wogan studio. I'm just trying to imagine something this esoteric on the One Show (same time slot) or anywhere outside Later with Jools Holland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Huge fan, absolutely gutted with this news. Spirit of Eden is one of my favourite albums, and New Grass one of my favourite tunes.

Advertisement