Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is you view on CO2

Options
  • 09-09-2020 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    Setup my new tank about 6 months ago and at the time I was thinking about adding CO2 to it however as I have no experience with it I had a bit of reading to do first. Setup the tank and ordered plants to start, gave it about 4 weeks before I added a few guppies and anothe few weeks for boesemani rainbow. I ordered 2 LED light spot lights 15W from amazon that are dimable. now i don't think I need any CO2 as the plants are doing great.

Anyone know the name of the plant with what looks like a small flower about to open in the pic attached?

I now have some Rainbow fry, job to get them into the trap so I can feed them microworms.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

CO2 will benefit the plants but and thats a big but, Do you have time for maintenance of the plants.

With the setup of plants you have in your aquarium you will be trimming on on a weekly bases and its easy for plants to get out of control.

To really benefit from CO2 you need to take into account:

Quality Lighting

Quality Substrate

Quality Fertilisers

You also have imo background plants in the foreground.

I would suggest if you were to move to High Tech aquarium setup you would need to redo your whole aquarium setup

When I was using Co2 I used carpeting plants in the front and larger plants in the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

yes I have some larger plants to the front but that was how I wanted it.

Can you show some pics of you tank so I can see what you mean?

Advertisement