Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breakdancing

• 09-05-2003 5:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

Just wondering are there any/many amateur/proper breakdancers (breakers, b-boys/girls) in Ireland?

I've seen some small displays in College before, interested to know are there any clubs set up or crews around?

Mad stuff to watch! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 eye_q

Im Part of Breakin Headz Cru in Dublin. Were one of the only active bboy crews around dublin at the moment from what i can gather.however if there is anyother crews/solo's out there get in touch for a Jamm / Training as the more of us there is the more we can develope skills/styles! Most of us have been dancin for on average 3yrs (but some have for alot more and Less). Theres about 10 core members but we train with many others(both boyz and gurls).Our crew is a culmination or the old RFC and TML bboys/bgirls.

There are other crews around the country like the Bad Taste Cru (Omagh), Belfast city Breakers, Zonic Roc Cru (belfast) and the Rythem Rebels (Cork). Big shout to them all as they've helped us develop this amazing form of expression!.
    however there seems to be next to no one in Dublin other than ourselves?(please prove me wrong,if ur out there get in touch!!)

Were always happy to teach anyone new to the scene espically if u have a venue (hall or decent area with good surface). however we train at least twice a week in areas around South Dublin. For more info check out the bboy/breakdance section of the Forum in www.irishhiphop.com. The "Training Spots" thread covers all the spots we jamm in. Alternativly you can Mail our crew on breakingheads@gmail.com

Peace

"sO MAnY sTyLEs"

SK
    Breakin' Headz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 HippyH

Is there a contact e-mail address of ph. number for the Cork Crew, Rhythm Rebels? I is vry interested in learning ya see!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 t_rom/reaper

yea breakn is sweet id like ta start but dont realy know how

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 eye_q

like i said previously, go to www.irishhiphop.com and into the bboy forum - go to the training spots threads and theres contacts for all the crews all over ireland , including the rhythm rebels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Theres a kru in Cork all right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 stec

Hi man,im just wondering if your interested in doing a Photo shoot ,im a press Photographer in Dublin and am interested in shooting some urban levitation images!maybe on a Saturday?i will send the pics to all of the national newspapers for publication!and of course forward the pics onto youself!I think this would be a good exchange 4 both of us.if interested send a msg! cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 34 blueruin

Try Flava Floorz in Cork. Studio is behind sin e on Coburg street. Really nice people and they do classes of all levels but as a beginner they made me really welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

Yes Lads - Anyone know of any good DVDs for a beginner [Kids]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

Bboy Roger vs Bboy Taz at Kings of Concrete August 2012 Junior Bboy Battle (Winner - Bboy Roger)

wasnt the same this year,good but when the event was in wood quay, the space was so cool for dancers and spectators,

Advertisement