Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battlestar-Galactica-The-Complete-Series HMV instore 49.99

• 11-12-2010 10:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0027UY8AY%3FSubscriptionId%3D035HRQETZS3GCGBJ3F82%26tag%3Dfindhotelinth-21%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953 DVD VERSION
    49.99 euro in HMV in Galway today and had plenty.

Surely in the running to be the best television series of the past decade, the stunning revival of Battlestar Galactica is perhaps only nudged out of first place by The Wire. But it’s a tight-run race, and across the four seasons in this collected box set, there’s some of the best science fiction television of all time.

Sadly, the fact that it’s a science fiction show on the exterior is likely to put some off Battlestar Galactica. It really shouldn’t. The writers superbly weave in politics, religion, action, and excellent character work, bringing together an outstanding company of actors. Edwards James Olmos and Mary McDonnell are the stand-outs, but there are so many performances of note, it’s hard to highlight too many more. It goes without saying, of course, that the majority of science fiction enthusiasts will be blown away by many of the collected episodes here.

And, bluntly, it’s a real treat to watch them in high definition. While perhaps the earlier episodes of Battlestar Galactica don’t look quite as striking as the later instalments, this is still a show with high production values that gleam in high definition. Cinematically shot and engrossing right through to its challenging ending, Battlestar Galactica is quality television, and it’s never looked better than it does on Blu-ray. --Jon Foster
    DVD Description
    Special Features:

Bonus: Battlestar Galactica The Lowdown
    Audio Commentaries
    Deleted Scenes - Scattered
    Deleted Scenes - Valley of Darkness
    Deleted Scenes - Fragged
    Deleted Scenes - Resistance
    Deleted Scenes - The Farm
    Deleted Scenes - Home Part 1
    Deleted Scenes - Home Part 2
    Deleted Scenes - Final Cut
    Deleted Scenes - Flight of The Pheonix
    Battlestar Razor bonus: Deleted scenes
    Battlestar Razor bonus: Minisodes x7
    Season 4 Deleted Scenes
    Sky One Trailer for Final Season
    Deleted Scenes: Sometimes A Great Notion (7'20''), The Oath (3'27''), Blood on the Scales (4'37'')
    Deleted Scenes: No Exit (3'27''), Deadlock (13'00''), Someone To Watch Over Me (4'25'')
    Deleted Scenes: Daybreak (5' 9'')
    A Disquiet Follows My Soul Unrated Version
    A Sneak Peek at Caprica
    David Eick's Video Blogs
    What the Frak is Going On With Battlestar Galactica?
    Evolution Of A Cue
    Season 1 - Series Lowdown
    Season 1 - Behind The Scenes Featurettes: From Mini Series to Series (8'27''); Change Is Good, Now They're Babes (7' 29''); The Cylon Centurion (5' 26''); Future/Past Technology (7'38''); The Doctor Is (Out Of His Mind) (7'38''); Production (9'4'') Visual Effects (8'49''); Epilogue (8' 13'')
    Season 1 - Sketches and Art - Photo Presentation
    Season 2 - Deleted Scenes: Ressurection Ship Part 1
    Season 2 - Deleted Scenes: Epiphanies
    Season 2 - Deleted Scenes: Black Market
    Season 2 - Deleted Scenes: Scar
    Season 2 - Deleted Scenes: Sacrifice
    Season 2 - Deleted Scenes: The Captains Hand
    Season 2 - Deleted Scenes: Downloaded
    Season 2 - Deleted Scenes: Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 1
    Season 2 - Deleted Scenes: Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 2
    Season 3 - Deleted Scenes: Precipice
    Season 3 - Deleted Scenes: Exodus Part 2
    Season 3 - Deleted Scenes: Collaborators
    Season 3 - Deleted Scenes: Torn
    Season 3 - Deleted Scenes: A Measure Of Salvation
    Season 3 - Deleted Scenes: Hero
    Season 3 - Deleted Scenes: The Passage
    Season 3 - Deleted Scenes: The Eye Of Jupiter
    Season 3 - Deleted Scenes: Rapture
    Season 3 - Deleted Scenes: Taking A Break From All Your Worries
    Season 3 - Deleted Scenes: The Woman King
    Season 3 - Deleted Scenes: A Day In The Life
    Season 3 - Deleted Scenes: Dirty Hands
    Season 3 - Deleted Scenes: Maelstrom
    Season 3 - Deleted Scenes: The Son Also Rises
    Season 3 - Deleted Scenes: Crossroads Part 1
    Season 3 - Deleted Scenes: Crossroads Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,507 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Almost certain the majority of those features are ONLY on the BR edition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0027UY8AY%3FSubscriptionId%3D035HRQETZS3GCGBJ3F82%26tag%3Dfindhotelinth-21%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953 DVD VERSION
    49.99 euro in HMV in Galway today and had plenty.

And, bluntly, it’s a real treat to watch them in high definition. While perhaps the earlier episodes of Battlestar Galactica don’t look quite as striking as the later instalments, this is still a show with high production values that gleam in high definition. Cinematically shot and engrossing right through to its challenging ending, Battlestar Galactica is quality television, and it’s never looked better than it does on Blu-ray. --Jon Foster

noodler wrote: »
    Almost certain the majority of those features are ONLY on the BR edition.

The whole review is for the Blu-ray edition ;)

Nonetheless, outstanding price. Just the Amazon reviews are chalk full of people who feel misled when they bought the DVD version because they thought the BR extras were on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Good price alright :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Nice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Flash86

Does it have the Mini Series? or Razor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

yes I believe so. It does in the Blu-ray version anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

yes I believe so. It does in the Blu-ray version anyway

There's a world of difference between the Blu-ray version and the DVD version. Read the Amazon reviews.

That said, it's a great price.

There's a world of difference between the Blu-ray version and the DVD version. Read the Amazon reviews.

That said, it's a great price.

Again, I am almost certain the DVD has the miniseries and Razor as they are not extras and are part of the show.

However, I do see from the reviews that maybe it does not have the extended version of razor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

noodler wrote: »
    Again, I am almost certain the DVD has the miniseries and Razor as they are not extras and are part of the show.

However, I do see from the reviews that maybe it does not have the extended version of razor.

I think you're right about Razor anyway. Here's a link to a review complaining about what's missing compared to the Blu-ray (and US DVD) version. Probably isn't a dealbreaker for most people and, as I said, it's a great price for a great show.

• Advertisement

I think you're right about Razor anyway. Here's a link to a review complaining about what's missing compared to the Blu-ray (and US DVD) version. Probably isn't a dealbreaker for most people and, as I said, it's a great price for a great show.

Yeah defo.

If you are a DVD person with no interest in BR then it is realistically the best you can hope for. I don't see them re-releasing the DVDs in the future with the extras.

The R1 DVDs had alot more stuff too as you say so that could be an option but its $120 on Amazon.com and you need a multiregion (altho thats not a huge problem).

Advertisement