Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musgrave MarketPlace

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

You need to be VAT registered to avail.
    Not really a bargain either as most people won't be able to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Musgraves out dearer than the likes of Tesco, current examples on wine:
    Jacob's Creek
    Musgraves €7.56 per bottle including VAT (21% off for VAT refund).
    Tesco €7.00 per bottle but they have a current offer - 25% off when you buy 6 so that would work out at €5.25 a bottle.

Torres Vina Sol
    Musgraves €7.56 per bottle including VAT (21% off for VAT refund).
    Tesco €7.00 per bottle - 25% off for 6 = €5.25 a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭tronman

I'm registered for VAT as a graphic designer. Does anyone know if I could buy a TV in musgraves? I wouldn't be technically claiming VAT back right, once I give them my VAT number I would get it off at the till?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭spoonface

tronman wrote: »
    I'm registered for VAT as a graphic designer. Does anyone know if I could buy a TV in musgraves? I wouldn't be technically claiming VAT back right, once I give them my VAT number I would get it off at the till?

It doesn't work like that. When a business invoices another business, the VAT is charged and then paid on by the recipient to the Revenue. So you would have to consciously make a fraudulent VAT claim to get it back. I have a VAT number so have signed up for this, hoping to save money on large quantities of nuts, toilet paper & other stuff that's expensive in the shops. Still waiting for the membership card with the postal delays so looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭tronman

Ok gotcha, so its ok for little home type goods but not big things like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Just make sure you shop around before shopping in Musgraves.. Alot of people think because it's trade that it's cheaper, not always the case as has been pointed out above..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭lynchie

okidoki987 wrote: »
    You need to be VAT registered to avail.
    Not really a bargain either as most people won't be able to use.

You dont need to be vat registered. I have an account with them and Im not vat registered. You do need to have a valid business though to open an account with them.

Advertisement