Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-10-2020, 09:12   #16
Bluefoam

Deezer is by far the best music streaming app I've used. Whatever way they've put together their algorithm... It's gets me... Gives me music I enjoy and pisses me off less than any other service. Also the app is a pleasure to use

I had Spotify for a bit and got rid of it fairly quickly... It was obvious to me that they were just pushing music to me to maximise their revenue, it gave me popular ****e that I'd never listen to.

I use YouTube Music at the moment, because with it, I get add free video streaming. It's grand, but doesn't match Deezer.
Advertisement
16-10-2020, 16:41   #17
grimm2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes675 View Post
Get Youtube premium, no ads and all the music library. If you use a VPN to connect to India, then purchase your subscription it is done in Indian Rupees. Cost me less than £5 per month!
I would recommend this to the OP also. Discovered it via bargain alerts thread earlier this year. A family plan is coming out for me to between €2.20 and €2.40 a month so 6 people are getting the benefit for less than 50c a head per month (although I'm not stingy enough to ask them for 36c monthly ).

Sure it's not free like what you had previously but you gain back the lost functionality as well as the entire streaming library all downloadable also as well as ad-free and downloadable Youtube for a price that's almost as good as free.
17-10-2020, 21:00   #18
thenightman

Install YouTube Vanced apk. No ads, let's you play on lock screen or over different apps and lots of other handy features. Not handing money over to Google either.

https://vancedapp.com/
Thanks from:
18-10-2020, 11:10   #19
Tec Diver

Send a message via Skype™ to Tec Diver
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenightman View Post
Install YouTube Vanced apk. No ads, let's you play on lock screen or over different apps and lots of other handy features. Not handing money over to Google either.

https://vancedapp.com/

Thanks I'll check it out.
I've found the Samsung Music app for my phone, it's very basic, but it's free and allows me to play my music ad free. No frills, so still having a look around.
18-10-2020, 11:20   #20
AllForIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tec Diver View Post
Thanks I'll check it out.
I've found the Samsung Music app for my phone, it's very basic, but it's free and allows me to play my music ad free. No frills, so still having a look around.
But that just plays local files no? There's a million and one apps for doing that.

I thought you were looking for an app to stream your own files? That's what Play Music is best for.

I've gong back to using GPM after 'converting' to YT Music which is horrible to use in comparison with the ads and your own content being less easy to access. So currently you can still use both. I'm sure Google are keeping track of how many ppl revert. Hopefully they will take heed and make the new app better.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
19-10-2020, 07:54   #21
Tec Diver

Send a message via Skype™ to Tec Diver
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllForIt View Post
But that just plays local files no? There's a million and one apps for doing that.

I thought you were looking for an app to stream your own files? That's what Play Music is best for.

I've gong back to using GPM after 'converting' to YT Music which is horrible to use in comparison with the ads and your own content being less easy to access. So currently you can still use both. I'm sure Google are keeping track of how many ppl revert. Hopefully they will take heed and make the new app better.
No, sorry I don't want to stream any music. I just want to have my own music. The only "frill" I would like is to be able to purchase songs or albums, but I can do that on iTunes and copy them from the laptop. I did put a 64GB SD card in the phone recently, lots of space left on it.
Thanks.
19-10-2020, 07:58   #22
Fuascailteoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomitconcerns View Post
Costs me 1.50 a month. But of course I am in Argentina...ahem.....
I am doing it all wrong as is 17 euro a month or something like that
19-10-2020, 09:08   #23
whomitconcerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuascailteoir View Post
Just pop over for a day trip. Sign up on your normal Google account and then come home and use it as normal.

Lots of tips online how to do it. Not allowed here afaik.
19-10-2020, 11:22   #24
Basil3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuascailteoir View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whomitconcerns View Post
Just pop over for a day trip. Sign up on your normal Google account and then come home and use it as normal.

Lots of tips online how to do it. Not allowed here afaik.
https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...p?t=2057939654
Advertisement
19-10-2020, 19:09   #25
AllForIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tec Diver View Post
No, sorry I don't want to stream any music. I just want to have my own music. The only "frill" I would like is to be able to purchase songs or albums, but I can do that on iTunes and copy them from the laptop. I did put a 64GB SD card in the phone recently, lots of space left on it.
Thanks.
My favourite local files media player is Zplayer, it mimics an old Microsoft mp3 player (zunehd). The best thing about it is that it's really easy to find your files quickly, I find, and it's rather nicely designed.

A popular one with an equaliser is Poweramp but I don't like the new interface. A simple android player I like is Omnia player. That has an equaliser too I think.
21-10-2020, 13:01   #26
matzen

CloudPlayer from doubleTwist is excellent if you have your music stored in Gdrive or Dropbox.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion