Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restrict Samsung S8 to 2.4ghz

Options
  • 19-10-2020 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Am trying to install a smart device (heater) that only connects to 2.4ghz band and for the install requires the phone to be connected to the 2.4ghz band as well.
    I have Google Nest Wifi which has both bands on the same SSID and has no option to separate them into two separate SSID's.

Is there a way of forcing my android phone (Samsung Galaxy S8, Android 9) to use 2.4ghz, even temporarily so I can run the install. There used to be an option on the wifi setting in previous versions of Android but this seems to have gone now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

KeithBines wrote: »
    Am trying to install a smart device (heater) that only connects to 2.4ghz band and for the install requires the phone to be connected to the 2.4ghz band as well.
    I have Google Nest Wifi which has both bands on the same SSID and has no option to separate them into two separate SSID's.

Is there a way of forcing my android phone (Samsung Galaxy S8, Android 9) to use 2.4ghz, even temporarily so I can run the install. There used to be an option on the wifi setting in previous versions of Android but this seems to have gone now.

If your router broadcasts 2.4 and 5ghz separately then just forget the 5ghz one in settings.

Otherwise you could log into the router and disable 5ghz for a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KeithBines

Its google nest wifi - which does not support seperate ssid for each band or turning one band off

Advertisement