Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any issues with putting new gas boiler in shed?

Options
  • 21-05-2020 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

We're just renovating our house now. Is there any negatives of putting our gas boiler in the shed (Viessman gas boiler) and use insulated piping into the house. The distance is only about 2 metres. It would help us with space in our Utility Room.

The shed is normal block built shed and is enclosed with doors into it.

Thanks,

Jonny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Doolittle51

Things I'd consider:

Is there a suitable route for the gas line from the house to the shed?
    Does the boiler have built in frost protection?
    Electrics to/from the house need to be suitable routed & protected. Don't forget to to allow a cable for the timeswitch, as I presume you'll want this inside the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Things I'd consider:

Is there a suitable route for the gas line from the house to the shed?
    Does the boiler have built in frost protection?
    Electrics to/from the house need to be suitable routed & protected. Don't forget to to allow a cable for the timeswitch, as I presume you'll want this inside the house.

Thanks for replying.

They'll be a new underground pipe going between the house and shed and will include water plumbing for shed and new wiring. If we put the boiler in the shed then we'll have the right wiring in the shed for it.

Good point re timeswitch. I'll bear that in mind. We'll be using an app too.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Any other issues that someone can see?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

I got mine put into the shed in January, I have an alley way from the front garden that brings you out to the back garden which is attached to a concrete shed so the water pipe and gas is ran along top of the alley way out from the kitchen into the shed. The boiler heats the shed which is great for drying out logs for the fire. Just keep in mind if putting gas pipe underground do not forget it is there if you go digging up the ground in 20 years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Length of flow&return. Heat loss. Properly insulated pipes. Put them into 4 inch wavin. Only thing is my flowers do great on side of pipes than other:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement