Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MF135 throttle stuck

• 04-09-2014 11:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭

Hi, My 135 is stuck on half throttle, I can only control her now with the cut out cable. The throttle controls on the outside of fuel pump are fine. I think if there is a throttle valve then this is partially stuck/open/corroded. I have seen some internet chat about a governor. Easy fix..hard fix..expensive ...cheap??? Any thoughts appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

is it throttle linkage or pump control you are referring to, i presume its got foot throttle as well as hand throttle and those are working okay,
    or it the pump controls itself. the pump itself provided you take off pump yourself will if its completely damaged cost around €250 id say,just a guess after reparing one a few years ago
    was this something that started suddenly or gradually,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭lalababa

There was a very slight repeated quick up and down in the revs around mid level rpm for a few weeks previously. But i'd say it was sudden -she went straight up above mid rev. It is something in the pump itself, whatever governs the amount of fuel/throttle, is kicking in just above mid rev when it should only be idling. Have read something about repairing a govenor that has thrown a weight. Where would i start getting a new govenor or weights? Are there any good uk massy or tractor forums for repair info?:o

best bet is contact local dsl engine repair centre, setting and caliberation is required for that and that equipment is dearer than the parts imo
    as well there is injectors to be checked as well, if tips crack which they do occasionally which will have same effect as you complain of now. in which case find injector pump repair centre take injectors there if you have not already done so and test. new ones are around €100+ vat. they may be fixed for as little as 50e .there is one other thing to check before ripping ,
    is diesel flow okay , ive seen water to cause problem like yours as well.
    id say full repairs to 4 cyl inj pump cost me €250 a few years ago 3 cyl should be cheaper
    if you gently tap injector pump with hammer and i mean gently when engine is running will any difference in revs happen, the pipe at rear of injector pump in mine got blocked (by substance like grease),check this it has to be taken off filter as well , be careful not to cross thread, but if its starting ok and plenty dsl flowing no need. id check fillers and injectors first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_7AAhzZoJk

hope this is not against rule,mods please remove if so . try link above , its probably in Polish but a lot of other links will open that explain in english repair procedures in Lucas Cav injector and other pumps.
    as these are made by those familiar with machinery but not with cameras, in some, a little bit of important details are left out thats essential to beginners, so if you decide to DIY go easy and film dismantling process,it might come in handy./ remember the old saying mechanics have , reassembly is exact opposite of dismantling , i find that is true in every sense of the word,:) good luck anyway.

i dont know if this is coincidence or some one watching boards .ie to see if any new business exists if it is good luck to them .
    a company in Tralee in Co Kerry has put an advert in Done Deal re injector pump repairs, so if interested ring them for a quotation . i know some in Cork and i recon id find one or 2 at least in every county in Ireland if i wanted to search.
    btw i was quoted €1200+ by MF main dealer for new injector pump for 135 , as store man said no one buys a new pump.

• Advertisement
Advertisement