Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Burgers in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

I don't think I've ever been given a choice in any of the aforementioned places.
    Isn't everyone mega paranoid these days about rare burgers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

I dont know how a chipper burger and eddie have got mentioned as best burgers. Chipper burgers are greasy and eddies are usually woefully overcooked and tasteless.

A good burger place takes time getting the right meat, correct toppings and all fresh and decent service. Dont forgot they must do good sweet potato fries. Absolutely lovely with any burger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

chris85 wrote: »
    I dont know how a chipper burger and eddie have got mentioned as best burgers. Chipper burgers are greasy and eddies are usually woefully overcooked and tasteless.

A good burger place takes time getting the right meat, correct toppings and all fresh and decent service. Dont forgot they must do good sweet potato fries. Absolutely lovely with any burger.

This, except about the sweet potato fries, theyre rank :D

mmcn90 wrote: »
    This, except about the sweet potato fries, theyre rank :D

The ones in the Counter are amazing, the ones in Jo'Burger are not great but ok.

Each to there own I suppose, but its regular fries for me.

• Advertisement

Each to there own I suppose, but its regular fries for me.

Hand cut chips or skinny fries?

Depends on the mood I'm in (Grumpy or very Grumpy :D), usually skinny cut though. But I'm partial to both.

This thread is making me hungry!!

Worse for me, had a tooth out yesterday and on a soft diet for few days so couldnt have a burger at all. I am planning another visit to the Counter next week during the day to try their lunch special.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Depends on the mood I'm in (Grumpy or very Grumpy :D), usually skinny cut though. But I'm partial to both.

This thread is making me hungry!!

I know your pain, feck all these boards beers threads, we should have a board burgers thread :D.

I know your pain, feck all these boards beers threads, we should have a board burgers thread :D.

Or, and I'm just throwing this out there. A 'Boards Burgers enjoyed with and followed by many beers' thread :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

wyndham wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the new gourmet burger joint on Camden St? It's part of The Palace/ Camden Deluxe Hotel. Think it's called Yum.

I have eaten there three times already and love it,havent had the burger but the steak is really nice,also one to try is the turkey cranberrie sambo!
    Im not a veggie but if you are theres a great selection!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Used to be a big fan of the burgers in the IFI but haven't had one in years, love their chips too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

counter burger....................................****ing amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

Counter Burger in Suffolk Street. I was here recently with a friend of mine and it was really nice to be able to get a proper burger with the toppings you like on it.
    The toppings were really fresh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Giblet wrote: »
    Medium rare is yer only man

Are they allowed serve burgers medium rare? I read something recently saying this has been outlawed EU wide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

CiaranC wrote: »
    Are they allowed serve burgers medium rare? I read something recently saying this has been outlawed EU wide
    I'm pretty sure that restaurants can't sell medium-rare burgers. I always ask for them to be cooked medium, but sometimes the waitress says that even that's too rare. Can't remember where that was now...

OTOH, maybe the trick is not to have too massive a burger. I can't imagine that 2/3 lb burger being particularly juicy.

They can't serve medium-rare burgers. Jo'burger were threatened with court not so long ago for asking customers how they wanted their burger.

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

They can't serve medium-rare burgers. Jo'burger were threatened with court not so long ago for asking customers how they wanted their burger.

Link

nothing worse than a charcoaled burger like Eddie Rockets. If it wasn't for the sauce there'd be no taste. Eddies could have a serious burger if they made them just a little red.

Every burger place I go I ask for Medium Rare and sometimes I get it, most times I don't.

jo's seemed to stop it alright in 2011 but last 2 times I went in Rathmines in June and July, I got it Medium Rare.

Bobo's never seem at allow it. Can't remember the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

In either the Counter or GBK (or both) they do medium burgers unless you ask it for well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Why would they be allowed do medium if they arent allowed do medium rare? Surely the burgers have to be cooked through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Just had the most amazing burger in Dublin earlier. I was in a new place called Bunsen on Wexford St. It's an American style burger place with burgers from 6.95.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Just had the most amazing burger in Dublin earlier. I was in a new place called Bunsen on Wexford St. It's an American style burger place with burgers from 6.95.

Nice but small cheeseburger €7.95
    Very average chips €2.95 (disgraceful)
    Can of coke €1.95

Total €12.85

Insanity in my opinion, particularly considering the state of the chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Just to be warned, Bunsen only serve two burgers, a hamburger and a cheese burger. Hamburger is €6.95, cheese burger is €7.45

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

CiaranC wrote: »
    Why would they be allowed do medium if they arent allowed do medium rare? Surely the burgers have to be cooked through

I think they're allowed cook it how the consumer wants. No?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Chemical_burn on_holidays. Back soon. banned permanently for personal abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭CatLou

I really like the burger they serve at The Black Sheep, and it's fairly big too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I've heard about that place. Seems a little pricey though. €9.40 for a cheeseburger and coke? €12.35 if you get chips with it too. Read a review where the burger was described as small. I'm sure it tastes great, but it's not 2006 anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Aard wrote: »
    I've heard about that place. Seems a little pricey though. €9.40 for a cheeseburger and coke? €12.35 if you get chips with it too. Read a review where the burger was described as small. I'm sure it tastes great, but it's not 2006 anymore.
    It maybe small but it's delish. If you want a bigger burger you get a double burger. It fills the spot for lunch and that does me fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,230 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

It maybe small but it's delish. If you want a bigger burger you get a double burger. It fills the spot for lunch and that does me fine.
    I don't have a problem with small, I don't have a problem with 2 burgers on the menu. I do however, have a problem with these prices:
    Mr Whirly wrote: »
    Nice but small cheeseburger €7.95
    Very average chips €2.95 (disgraceful)
    Can of coke €1.95

Total €12.85

Insanity in my opinion, particularly considering the state of the chips.
    Sounds like they're trying to be like In 'n Out Burger, but are charging 3 times the price.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

Not really sure why you have a problem with that since it's pretty much the going rate for places similar to Bunsen.

In Gourmet burger kitchen and Jo Burger fries are 3 and 4 euros respectively, neither are particularly great chips imo. Even Apache chips are 2.50.

"Bottomless" soft drinks are 3 euros in GBK, I'd imagine its the same price for cans in the other places just cant verify that from their website.

Sounds like they're trying to be like In 'n Out Burger
    Not really

Advertisement