Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will you play in WAR?

Options
  • 20-08-2008 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

With the NDA well lifted all us non beta testers have had a good chance to look at the spells/abilities/career masteries that will make up each career's game play.

So has anyone decided which career they're gonna play? I'm thinking of going Shaman, looks like a really fun class with good versatility and survivability and I've always had a soft spot for healers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Chaos. Sorcerer most likely as first choice, Chosen as second. Probably the Squig Herder as a third place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Swordmaster or Archmage, can't decide on which :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭death1234567

Chaos definitely. Squig Herder most likely as first choice, Shaman as second. Probably the Black orc as a third place might have to throw Sorceress in there somewhere too... sooo many options can't cope...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

thinking a shaman here, the rank 1 morale ability(gork says stop or something?) is pretty sick and i just think Eeeek! is the most fun ever.. sending people flying 300 feet away into a river or npcs etc is just too much fun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Chaos Marauder or Chaos Sorceress

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Black Orc, 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

Funky wrote: »
    thinking a shaman here, the rank 1 morale ability(gork says stop or something?) is pretty sick and i just think Eeeek! is the most fun ever.. sending people flying 300 feet away into a river or npcs etc is just too much fun

Yes alot of the morale abilities look pretty sick, guess thats why they're on 60 min cooldowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Chaos, some big horned fecker with a huge ass sword, or something. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

after playing as a tank/healer for all the mmos, i think im gonna go with a caster, still need to read up about the diffrent classes ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

whatduck wrote: »
    Yes alot of the morale abilities look pretty sick, guess thats why they're on 60 min cooldowns.

60 second cooldowns :X

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Its a toss up between Magus, Maurader or Black Orc for me. Or a Shaman. Or a Disciple of Khaine....ah, i dunno. I'll try them all and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭xeni

Rune Priest if Order, Zealot if Destruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

Chosen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

Ironbreaker or White Lion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Maurader I think. But will definatly be rolling a Green Skin toon at some stage just for the lolz.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Was seriously looking forward to Archmage, but all my friends are playing chaos... so I guess I'll just be a sheep and play with them :(

Ivan wrote: »
    Was seriously looking forward to Archmage, but all my friends are playing chaos... so I guess I'll just be a sheep and play with them :(

If your friends are playing Destruction they are probably a lot cooler than you.

Being a sheep might work out better for you in this case :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I can see the population being seriously in favour of Destruction in this. They certainly seem to be pimping them more.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Kiith wrote: »
    I can see the population being seriously in favour of Destruction in this. They certainly seem to be pimping them more.
    What makes you say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

Funky wrote: »
    60 second cooldowns :X

Sure its 60 sec cooldown? Would make much more sense indeed but next to every morale ability on wardb is says 60m cooldown.

PS: Gogo destruction Irish guild!

EDIT: They changed all the morale abilities on wardb to now say 60s cooldown, must have been a typo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

For me it's going to between a witch elf and a herder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Is anyone going to play hardcore in the first week or two? or are you taking it easy?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Is anyone going to play hardcore in the first week or two? or are you taking it easy?
    I'll be starting a new job the week before so will probably play as much as pos for the first week or so and see how it goes from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭death1234567

Its released on Ryder cup weekend so I will defo be taking it easy. Not really into hardcore anyway, I don't think its much fun playing 5+ hour sessions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

^^ Agreed, it only gets fun into the 11th hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Chaos Sorcerer is the only that appeals to me at the moment from reading up about the different classes.

Then again ArchMage would be my second choice in the end all comes down to looks for most people.
    Example is the shaman man they look great, but not my cup of Tea class wise.

Mac daddy wrote: »
    Chaos Sorcerer is the only that appeals to me at the moment from reading up about the different classes.

Then again ArchMage would be my second choice in the end all comes down to looks for most people.
    Example is the shaman man they look great, but not my cup of Tea class wise.

sorry if im incorect but arent sorcerer Dark elf classes? the ranged DPS for chaos is Magus?

toxick wrote: »
    sorry if im incorect but arent sorcerer Dark elf classes? the ranged DPS for chaos is Magus?

Yep you are right,

The problem is, that a lot of people are using "Chaos" to describe the Destruction faction.

No idea why this is happening.

Order and Chaos being opposites perhaps?

WellyJ wrote: »
    Yep you are right,

The problem is, that a lot of people are using "Chaos" to describe the Destruction faction.

No idea why this is happening.

Order and Chaos being opposites perhaps?

ahh i see, thats intresting now, that people call the destruction faction as Chaso. :/

After reading through the profiles of the classes etc, i have to say sorc or herder for me.. more then likely the sorc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

I should probably have said Magus rather than Sorcerer, but I would say Chaos for Chaos, Greenskins for Greenskins and so on.

The Dark Elf sorceress does sound interesting as well though. It's a toss up between that and the Squig Herder for my 3rd choice after Magus and Chosen.

Advertisement