Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never played Warcraft. Should I dare?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Hopefully I'm not too late to say DON'T DO IT!
    There's no denying that this game is unbelievably addictive, but at the same time it just isn't FUN. Unfortunately I'd already pissed away countless hours by the time I realised that.
    Life is short, don't waste it playing crap like WoW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

tman wrote: »
    Hopefully I'm not too late to say DON'T DO IT!
    There's no denying that this game is unbelievably addictive, but at the same time it just isn't FUN. Unfortunately I'd already pissed away countless hours by the time I realised that.
    Life is short, don't waste it playing crap like WoW.

Ah sure I just have a peek says he... ;)
    installed.png
    I still have a few hours to make up my mind, by the time the patches are done.

But tman isn't it like a nice smelling burger (could be a bad analogy that!) and then you regret afterwards? :) But it was good while you were "eating" it though? :D

only 128 files and 1 rather big one coming to 4.1Gb! Interesting to see how big this lot becomes after all the patches.
    wow_before_updates.png

Yesssss.... this could take awhile. Maybe 3 movies will do it. hmm.

patches_bah.gif

*edit* currently been quoted 8-12 hours on a 1Mb line and my current version is Oct 2006 (2.0.0.6080) going to 2.3 (871Mb for 1 year). Ye weren't kidding!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Despite what Tman says, the game is fun. You might feel weathered and worn and definitely disenfranchised with all MMO's after you come out the other end, but it is alot of fun in the meantime.

That said, it will literally gobble all of your spare time and perhaps some other time that it shouldnt, unless you are very, very careful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

Great game, I played the 14 day free trial after my friend somehow got me to download it( I was very anti-WoW before hand).

Was a great laugh for the 2 weeks, me and 2 of my friends would just messs about. Got to a level 16 gone mage before the 14 days were up. Luckily I had the will power to stop after that;).

Advertisement