Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!!Screenclick reminder!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MiniMetro

I got my credit card statement today. Was charged €14.99 as well even though I returned my last DVD before christmas. My account says the DVD was received on the 2nd of January. This is highly unlikely even with the sometimes rubbish postal service. To further rub salt in the wounds the account status is "expired" so they are charging me for a service they are not even providing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Cancelled my account on 7th of november, they then sent me another DVD, I returned this when it arrived on the 8th. Checked my CC account and what do you know, 14.99 taken. Was well annoyed. Contacted screenclick by email and tried phoning but no joy. So then I contacted my CC company, complained, sent my cancellation email and they are doing a chargeback.

2 days later I get a canned email from screenclick saying I'd cancelled my account too late. Don't think they even bothered reading my email. Brutal customer service, would never reccomend this company to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 43,778 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Agreed about terrible customer service... MovieStar's customer service is fantastic though. Quick, helpful and polite... like all customer support services should be! *

* take note Eircom..!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

weird, the company that is legit have brutal customer service while the company that is allegedly run by scammers and are allegedly using non-rental merch. has good customer service. The world is truly topsy turvy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Brutal customer service, would never reccomend this company to anyone

for sure. i complained via email too and then they give me some smarmy response about how it is all my fault even though i cancelled on time. they are a joke and i think this promotion is a huge mistake from them as i will never say a good word about them. from the looks of this i wont be alone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

If you have the proof of postage showing the date you returned the last DVD, getting a chargeback on your credit card should be straight forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

Sorry to hear about the service but thanks for the warning. I was just about to sign up but I said I would check here first. I will sign up for Movie Star and hope they are not as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I stuck with them after my trial finished and hve no complaints about the service. Get an average of two a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Has anyone succesfully had this charge reversed?

BTW, looks like they've been taken over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ryanoid

I stuck with them after my trial finished and hve no complaints about the service. Get an average of two a week.
    Yes, oddly while I was using the service there was never any problem with posting the DVDs. Returned DVDs would be received by them within a day, and the next one sent out the next day. Nobody ever mentioned the need to get proof of posting at that stage - if you had to do that for every DVD you sent back then the service wouldn't be worth using.

However once I emailed to cancel my account I got a note back telling me I should get proof of postage of my last DVD. Of course by this stage I had already sent the thing back. This rang my alarm bells and I wasn't entirely surprised to find I'd been charged on my credit card.

I asked them to remove the charge and I got a suspiciously comprehensive email about DVDs going missing in the post. I'm not going to take this one lying down.

• Advertisement

ryanoid wrote:
    Yes, oddly while I was using the service there was never any problem with posting the DVDs. Returned DVDs would be received by them within a day, and the next one sent out the next day. Nobody ever mentioned the need to get proof of posting at that stage - if you had to do that for every DVD you sent back then the service wouldn't be worth using.

However once I emailed to cancel my account I got a note back telling me I should get proof of postage of my last DVD. Of course by this stage I had already sent the thing back. This rang my alarm bells and I wasn't entirely surprised to find I'd been charged on my credit card.

I asked them to remove the charge and I got a suspiciously comprehensive email about DVDs going missing in the post. I'm not going to take this one lying down.

Our last one was allegedly posted out to us on Dec 14th. We mailed them of the 21st to tell them it hadn't arrived, and cancel. They then brought up the "proof of postage" condition. It arrived on Dec 23rd, couldn't find an open post office until the 29th, and allegedly didn't get back to Screenclick until Jan 2nd. 14.99 charge.

The ironic thing is that if I'd kept the last DVD and left it as 'lost in post' they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

I wouldn't mind but I recommended them to loads of people. Grrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

ryanoid wrote:

I cancelled them because I was only getting 1 DVD per week on average. If I had been getting 2 then I might have thought about keeping them on but probably not as I think that they were too slow getting new releases.

I had just posted back my last DVD before I cancelled the week before Xmas and got the eamail about the certificate of posting.. Luckily it showed as having been received by them on 28/12/06 so I guess I had a pretty close shave.

I found Screenclick to be very good...I used a 3V voucher and cancelled early anyway....how do people manage to mess up and get charged for these things??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

how do people manage to mess up and get charged for these things??

have you even read the thread

yes. I remember I got a text from o2 early in December warning me to return all the DVD's before the 20th (I think).....but I'm probably just in a bad mood.

yes. I remember I got a text from o2 early in December warning me to return all the DVD's before the 20th (I think).....but I'm probably just in a bad mood.

Bit difficult to return DVDs that they claim they've posted but you haven't received yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭marlena

I cancelled in November.
    Credit card is showing up 2 payments.

One on the 4th January for 14.99.
    And one for 8th January for 14.99.

The ****** even sent me an email confirming closure of account but I deleted it.

I sent them an email.
    I am waiting on a reply.

What can I do if I have not got the confirmation closure email?

Marlena

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

marlena wrote:
    I cancelled in November.
    Credit card is showing up 2 payments.

One on the 4th January for 14.99.
    And one for 8th January for 14.99.

The 2nd one is probably a "credit" i.e. refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭marlena

Credit refund.Will check it out on Monday.
    Thanks Marlena

Advertisement