Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regulator For Irish Propane Cylindere

Options
  • 30-05-2020 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Not sure if in posting in the right category but I recently bought a propane roofing type torch online from the UK and am finding it difficult to establish if the regulator in the photograph attached works on a propane cylinder/bottle available in the Rep. of Ireland. If anyone knows i'd be glad to hear and if its the wrong regulator for here, what is the correct one I should get.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

sent u a pm

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

No, the connection type you purchased is for the UK type propane connection, not the Irish type connection (cylinders are different)

See different connection types below (Irish version relies on a sealing washer to make gas tight)

514726.jpg

514727.png

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭delmonte4

So I want the regulator in your top picture and a red propane cylinder?

With that type of cylinder connection yes.

Would your average building provider stock them or what’s my best bet? Want to try grab one Monday rather than waiting for deliveries.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

What are you going doing with this?

Red cylinders are very big and awkward if going up in a roof.

Propane is available in smaller cylinders for use in outdoor heaters and some barbeques. Grey or cream coloured cylinders for patio heaters are available as well.

What does the data sheet for the torch say? Most i see being used for roofing are on ordinary butane cylinders.

What are you going doing with this?

Red cylinders are very big and awkward if going up in a roof.

Propane is available in smaller cylinders for use in outdoor heaters and some barbeques. Grey or cream coloured cylinders.

What does the data sheet for the torch say? Most i see being used for roofing are on ordinary butane cylinders.

To be honest I’m trying to clear off a load of weed and tufts of grass growing through a gravel path in the back garden without using chemical weed killers so would get away with the red but will probably be used to reflect a garage flat roof in the future.

It’s a Clarke’s PKP411 but the generic paperwork with it just says

“they are all to be used only with propane gas and are supplied with a standard 3/8”BSP (LH) hose.”

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

What do you mean by red cylinder?

For me this is usually a larger cylinder usually used by restaurants or industry. But they are available in smaller sizes.

See what your local stockists have On hand so you won't have to order specially. I don't think weed killing would be a heavy use. So a smaller drum would do and be more portable.

Calor has a grey cylinder for use in patio heaters. Looking on calor website and I see it is a form of bioLPG so a form of renewable gas. They don't say whether it is a replacement for propane or butane.

For me this is usually a larger cylinder usually used by restaurants or industry. But they are available in smaller sizes.

See what your local stockists have On hand so you won't have to order specially. I don't think weed killing would be a heavy use. So a smaller drum would do and be more portable.

Calor has a grey cylinder for use in patio heaters. Looking on calor website and I see it is a form of bioLPG so a form of renewable gas. They don't say whether it is a replacement for propane or butane.

The red cylinder I’m talking about holds 11kg and is similar in size to the grey patio heater type cylinder but a different connection to suit the high pressure regulator. I know what you’re talking about with the restaurant type cylinders. You’d definitely struggle to get one of them lads onto a roof!!!

• Advertisement

The cylinder types you are suggesting would not fit the regulator required (usually us clip on or 'jumbo' type regulators)
    Small red cylinder (11kg) would be most suitable.

RE your weeds, vinegar? (much less drastic)

Advertisement