Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Home won't connect with new Eir modem

Options
  • 02-12-2020 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

I recently changed from Pure Telecom to Eir and received a new modem as my old one was broke.
    But since the change over, my Google home or mini speaker won't connect to it.

I've deleted them and tries to set up again and when I go through set up, I hear the Google speaker make the ding sound but at the very end it says Google cannot communicate with my speaker.

I'm going off my rocker without music or radio! Please help.
    The modem has connected to all other devices in the house, phone, sky q.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

You may need to rename your 2.4ghz wireless network to something different than your 5ghz pretty sure the home doesn't speak to the 5ghz

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭culsoh

sioda wrote: »
    You may need to rename your 2.4ghz wireless network to something different than your 5ghz pretty sure the home doesn't speak to the 5ghz

How would I check what frequency the new modem is running?? And how would i change it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

culsoh wrote: »
    How would I check what frequency the new modem is running?? And how would i change it?

Post the model of the router you were issued from eir.

You should have the details of the gateway address and login under the modem. You login to it and setup the 2.4 and 5ghz.

I will move the thread to the Home Automation & IOT forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

It will be under the wireless section of your modem. Your looking for the SSID name and change the 2.4 name to whatever you want, I just added a 2 to the name on mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

sioda wrote: »

It does, already established earlier - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=115489481

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Only outdoor Google devices don't work on 5ghz,everything else is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Damien360

Recently changed from my netgear router to google nest mesh. I had the same issue as OP. You need to factory reset the google home and mini’s. Then connect as of new. YouTube for how to factory reset. Home was hold down top for about 30secs. She complains “are you sure” and after a few mins it’s brand new.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

+1 for the reset, usually the easiest and quickest way to sort things out and because there isn't much/anything on the devices themselves you won't be losing anything

Davy wrote: »
    Post the model of the router you were issued from eir.

You should have the details of the gateway address and login under the modem. You login to it and setup the 2.4 and 5ghz.

I will move the thread to the Home Automation & IOT forum.

Its Zyxel d2000
    I got into settings and can't a 2.4/5 option

Damien360 wrote: »
    Recently changed from my netgear router to google nest mesh. I had the same issue as OP. You need to factory reset the google home and mini’s. Then connect as of new. YouTube for how to factory reset. Home was hold down top for about 30secs. She complains “are you sure” and after a few mins it’s brand new.

Thanks. I'll try this now.

• Advertisement

Damien360 wrote: »

This worked!!!!
    Thank you so much. Peace is restored.

Advertisement