Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internet (Virgin Media) - Islandbridge D8

• 03-12-2020 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

The internet where I live (Clancy Quay, Islandbridge) is all virgin media
    There are no other alternatives in the apartments unfortunately

With working from home and being on VC's a lot I need a reliable and stable connection

Unfortunately Virgin is constantly dropping off. It seems to be an ongoing and well known issue in this block.

I need to find an alternative. Are there any reliable dongles that I can get? Just want something stable and easy that can accommodate my video calls/MS teams meetings etc really

It is unfortunate as just up the road in my old apartment (less than 2km away) virgin media was solid, no issues.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Hi all,

The internet where I live (Clancy Quay, Islandbridge) is all virgin media
    There are no other alternatives in the apartments unfortunately

With working from home and being on VC's a lot I need a reliable and stable connection

Unfortunately Virgin is constantly dropping off. It seems to be an ongoing and well known issue in this block.

I need to find an alternative. Are there any reliable dongles that I can get? Just want something stable and easy that can accommodate my video calls/MS teams meetings etc really

It is unfortunate as just up the road in my old apartment (less than 2km away) virgin media was solid, no issues.

What speed do you have as there are issues with the new 1Gb service.

How are you connecting to the router? Wireless or ethernet cable? Its very possible that its wireless congestion that could be causing your issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply.

We are supposed to have 60GB line I believe
    Stability is more important to me than speeds tbh

connecting via the wifi router but i can often see the lights on router flashing as if there is no internet connection for a few min so i expect wired connection would face same issue, in fact the TV is wired and this disconnects also

Advertisement