Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky FTTH - line active but no hub arrived yet

• 03-12-2020 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi,
    Hopefully someone can help - as I suspect others have been in the same boat.

Sky took over my FTTH connection today from eir - problem is that the bloody router hasn't arrived. Beyond frustrating call with Sky for 40 minutes where I kept being told about An Post having sick staff and delays from COVID to which I was absolutely unable to get an answer as to why they took over the line when they knew I didn't have the router.

They have promised to call me back in a week (a full week!!) which is a pretty terrible omen in terms of how long they know it will take to get to me.

Meanwhile, can anyone help me to either change the settings on the F2000 from eir to run Sky. Or I do have an older TP-Link (TD-W8968) if that could be used.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭legend99

legend99 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Hopefully someone can help - as I suspect others have been in the same boat.

Sky took over my FTTH connection today from eir - problem is that the bloody router hasn't arrived. Beyond frustrating call with Sky for 40 minutes where I kept being told about An Post having sick staff and delays from COVID to which I was absolutely unable to get an answer as to why they took over the line when they knew I didn't have the router.

They have promised to call me back in a week (a full week!!) which is a pretty terrible omen in terms of how long they know it will take to get to me.

Meanwhile, can anyone help me to either change the settings on the F2000 from eir to run Sky. Or I do have an older TP-Link (TD-W8968) if that could be used.

Thanks

Any hope anyone could help on this? Have children and students here going mad with me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I think the F2000 is still unlocked and will let you set things.

Try setting your PPPoE username to randomLettersAndNumbers@skydsl and password to a random string. You may authenticate.

ED E wrote: »
    I think the F2000 is still unlocked and will let you set things.

Try setting your PPPoE username to randomLettersAndNumbers@skydsl and password to a random string. You may authenticate.

How do I get to the PPPoE? The only option I'm seeing is PPP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You want GE wan not VDSL, ignore the x

f2000eir1.jpg?w=640&h=444

It may be just listed as PPP, Im not 100% on the wording used.

ED E wrote: »
    You want GE wan not VDSL, ignore the x

f2000eir1.jpg?w=640&h=444

It may be just listed as PPP, Im not 100% on the wording used.

Thanks a million! I was doing the changes in the VDSL. One whacky thing, is that my original eir router has stopped working in the middle of this. As in totally non-reaponsive, even when wired. I had a spare and I swopped that in and it is up. I'll have to change the SSID now I guess for the few days on this one as I don't fancy setting up new connections on every device tomorrow, only to do it when Sky eventually get their arse in gear and give me the hub for which they so kindly turned off my eir service today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

legend99 wrote: »
    Thanks a million! I was doing the changes in the VDSL. One whacky thing, is that my original eir router has stopped working in the middle of this. As in totally non-reaponsive, even when wired. I had a spare and I swopped that in and it is up. I'll have to change the SSID now I guess for the few days on this one as I don't fancy setting up new connections on every device tomorrow, only to do it when Sky eventually get their arse in gear and give me the hub for which they so kindly turned off my eir service today!

Just use the same SSID and password as your original router - that way you don't have to reconfigure every device again

Advertisement