Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

ICYMI, Kevin Barry was on this morning - always a good guest, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭griffin100

BPKS wrote: »
    HEALY ALERT

HEALY ALERT

HEALY ALERT

He was criticising Simon Coveney this morning because the UK said it would start Covid 19 vaccinating in December whilst we are talking about January. Yeah, coz the UK are so far ahead of us in managing Covid and you can believe everything they say :rolleyes:

He then complained about the government saying that case numbers would rise once restrictions are lifted, apparently that was them throwing in the towel. I did like the Ministers response which was that saying that case numbers would rise post lockdown was only them 'stating the bleeding obvious'

That's when I turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

I never thought I'd have sympathy for a (former) Brexit party MEP, but Healy has such a smug and rude way about him that I ended up rooting for the Brexiteer...quite an achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Cole wrote: »
    I never thought I'd have sympathy for a (former) Brexit party MEP, but Healy has such a smug and rude way about him that I ended up rooting for the Brexiteer...quite an achievement.

I just tuned in expecting to be listening to Pat. Instead I found myself listening to one of the worst attempts at an interview that I have ever heard on radio. Healy is an embarrassment to Newstalk and to the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭gourcuff

jesus is this real radio... henry mckean interviewing the howiyas about their shopping in penneys...who cares?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,995 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Pat is off for the rest of the week. I have given it a chance the last 2 mornings, but Healy is woeful.

2smiggy wrote: »
    Pat is off for the rest of the week. I have given it a chance the last 2 mornings, but Healy is woeful.

Jaysus he is dire...... going on about shopping in Penneys and men with holes in their underwear or "none at all" queueing outside to buy new ones? FFS! Absolute shyte :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

gourcuff wrote: »
    jesus is this real radio... henry mckean interviewing the howiyas about their shopping in penneys...who cares?
    Claire Byrne does - because she had the exact same item on her show ...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

serfboard wrote: »
    Claire Byrne does - because she had the exact same item on her show ...

So basically they spent the morning re-hashing the same stories they did back in May after the end of lockdown one.

Expect Henry in the Pennys queue with his microphone again in the middle of February.

It reminds me on the stories every August of how parents are shocked at the cost of going back to school.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,374 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Shops have been closed for 6 weeks.

People queueing at 7.30 am outside Penneys.

You are right, not newsworthy at all. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

gourcuff wrote: »

They have to find something for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

They have to find something for him!

He must have incriminating photos of the “Redacted” one to hang onto his job!

and this evening on The Hard Shoulder interview after interview of people getting their hair done, going shopping etc..............boring , lazy, predictable shyte or what! Who actually cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

and this evening on The Hard Shoulder interview after interview of people getting their hair done, going shopping etc..............boring , lazy, predictable shyte or what! Who actually cares?

A lot of people have spent a significant amount of time since March calling for the return of some form of normality. Like all through lock down talking pretty much incessantly about how bad it was, how they found it difficult to deal with the isolation and the change in their routine. And I can understand that even though I think the isolation rules were largely necessary.

Given this, I'm struggling to see how some people cannot at least envisage how people might be experiencing more in these moments than simply the act of getting their hair done, or going shopping.

2020 has been some year, people don't want to listen to medical experts in NPHET, they don't want to listen to politicians, they don't want to listen to media personalities and finally they don't want to listen to regular people on the street.

A lot of people have spent a significant amount of time since March calling for the return of some form of normality. Like all through lock down talking pretty much incessantly about how bad it was, how they found it difficult to deal with the isolation and the change in their routine. And I can understand that even though I think the isolation rules were largely necessary.

Given this, I'm struggling to see how some people cannot at least envisage how people might be experiencing more in these moments than simply the act of getting their hair done, or going shopping.

2020 has been some year, people don't want to listen to medical experts in NPHET, they don't want to listen to politicians, they don't want to listen to media personalities and finally they don't want to listen to regular people on the street.

I know what you're saying. I am one of those people who missed normality as much as anyone else, no hairdresser, no meals out, no shopping, etc etc. The entire country has missed this. But I just (personally)find it boring talking about it all the time .
    We did this after the last lockdown, interviewing people about their first meal out, their appointment at the hair salon, rushing to Penneys, their first game of golf. Its exactly the same now and (personally again) I find it boring. That doesn't mean I wont be doing those things myself, I just don't find the need to talk about them. Its repetitive listening to half an hour of this on the main news programme of the day. Guess its just me. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I know what you're saying. I am one of those people who missed normality as much as anyone else, no hairdresser, no meals out, no shopping, etc etc. The entire country has missed this. But I just (personally)find it boring talking about it all the time .
    We did this after the last lockdown, interviewing people about their first meal out, their appointment at the hair salon, rushing to Penneys, their first game of golf. Its exactly the same now and (personally again) I find it boring. That doesn't mean I wont be doing those things myself, I just don't find the need to talk about them. Its repetitive listening to half an hour of this on the main news programme of the day. Guess its just me. :rolleyes:

I know. Many voxpops can sound like people are 'performing' or just saying something mundane but there can also be touching moments like someone who I heard who I was doing Christmas shopping for their Mam as their Dad had passed from Covid and he had previously done it. That wasn't on Irish radio but it was a touching piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭hamburgham

Cole wrote: »

Healy was incredibly rude to that guy, whatever about his views, the guy had a pleasant manner and Healy was pig ignorant. It was embarrassing. Healy is so cocky but knows nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

hamburgham wrote: »
    Healy was incredibly rude to that guy, whatever about his views, the guy had a pleasant manner and Healy was pig ignorant. It was embarrassing. Healy is so cocky but knows nothing.

The perfect fit for Newstalk so.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,312 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I believe it is because many are not used to having a bit of their freedom taken away. So people are prone to amateur dramatics. Hopefully after this pandemic is over. I hope people will have a new found respect for the elderly or disabled who are not very mobile. Yet get on with it every day. Despite their freedom being curtailed in comparison to the rest of society.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Always seems to be right wing or religious nuts who do the home schooling. Anti vaxxers and the like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Always seems to be right wing or religious nuts who do the home schooling. Anti vaxxers and the like.

Well even public hero Luke O'Neill said on radio that some people will be seriously harmed by the vaccine (albeit it a small number) as with all vaccines, so I think I'd probably wait and see what the numbers are on that before getting too smug. Best of luck with yours by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

hamburgham wrote: »

This guy (Ben Habib) is on with Claire Byrne now. Not so pleasant this morning, but CB (I'm not a fan) is just letting him rant and make an absolute twat of himself....unlike Healy, who actually made him seem like a nice reasonable guy because of his preachy, smart arse approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭RINO87

I really enjoyed the piece this morning with the guy that built a passive home. He spelled everything out very well regarding costs etc... It all really makes so much sense. I'm sure it will be podcasted, or on listen back for those with an interest.

Interesting that he said the Construction Industry Federation were the major roadblock in this type of house becoming the norm. They are an absolute dose, those fellas, and need to go.
    We need to get over the mentality in this country that a different approach is something to be afraid of.

New age bolloxology, give us a break Pat!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

C'mon Pat, cut through....no challenge on the Granny telling her to dig a well :confused:

Why is he even having this arsehole on?

A pound to a penny she's a anti vaxxer too.

not sure Pat likes listening to this lunatic !!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

What in the name of jesus is this?

Why is this woman getting airtime to talk aboyt her water? What amI missing here??

• Advertisement

RINO87 wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the piece this morning with the guy that built a passive home. He spelled everything out very well regarding costs etc... It all really makes so much sense. I'm sure it will be podcasted, or on listen back for those with an interest.

Interesting that he said the Construction Industry Federation were the major roadblock in this type of house becoming the norm. They are an absolute dose, those fellas, and need to go.
    We need to get over the mentality in this country that a different approach is something to be afraid of.

CIF gave Tom Parlon a handy job after his failed career as a TD
    link

that about sums up the 'mighty' CIF

Advertisement