Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunday Spin???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

He was probably on about bikes.

But if yea put a woman on the back of your bike, you just might be covering all options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭goblin59

Highly unlikely.

As my mate told me when I started off, "It doesn't matter what ya ride, as long as ya ride."

He was probably on about bikes. :pac:

Dad said the same thing to me, but he added so long as it wasn't a moped to the end of that statement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Was up the Gap earlier in the day about 9:30 or so out to Valleymount and back to Wicklow via Rathdrum
    Lots of bikes out n about
    Big group in the car park of Wicklow Heather in Laragh was going to Stop but thought they might tell me to fook off as Im only a Learner
    J
    Vallymount yesterday
    524853.jpg

Did you pick up the photo rally point while you were out there.

Funny, I'd say we all have snaps of our bikes on that bridge.

Also, just post here if you're looking for a group. Now you were out earlier than we were yesterday but you'd be welcome to join us. That goes for everyone... except for Wonda of course, unless he buys the ice creams... then he can come. (*bracing myself for the comeback)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

zubair wrote: »
    Did you pick up the photo rally point while you were out there.

Funny, I'd say we all have snaps of our bikes on that bridge.

Also, just post here if you're looking for a group. Now you were out earlier than we were yesterday but you'd be welcome to join us. That goes for everyone... except for Wonda of course, unless he buys the ice creams... then he can come.
    It is such a fab spot
    I would of course be interested in meeting up just could not do it a 1pm yesterday as the wife had made plans otherwise I would have taken a spin out to meet up
    Thanks
    J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

If you want my comeback......you will have to wipe it off ur ma's chin!!!!!

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Was up the Gap earlier in the day about 9:30 or so out to Valleymount and back to Wicklow via Rathdrum
    Big group in the car park of Wicklow Heather in Laragh was going to Stop but thought they might tell me to fook off as Im only a Learner
    J
    Vallymount yesterday
    524853.jpg
    Wouldn't be mad anxious to hook up with a group of lads over the gap who I don't know never mind being a learner lol.
    Take your time to build your skills before potentially going that 10% quicker than your self preservation tells you to but yer ego commands you to when riding with a faster bunch. Doesn't happen to us all but I've been there at the start.
    Dig the bike BTW!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    If you want my comeback......you will have to wipe it off ur ma's chin!!!!!

:p

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

J
    Vallymount yesterday
    524853.jpg

Lot of cock measuring goes on in there, slip down the road to Lynhams...better group of lads in there....everyone welcome...even Hardleys....:p

Lot of cock measuring goes on in there,
    Is that part of the initiation ritual :-)
    if so I might scoot past so thanks for the heads up
    J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Dam, reading here I though to share my one and only ride out.... It was early on in my motorbike experience, while the lads were sound, there were few who just made you feel like you are slowing the group down.

It made me go beyond my comfort level and ended up in a huge error, thankfully no oncoming traffic so it was fine but could have ended up quite badly.

After that I never joined one again.

I used to be bike commuter so commute gave me enough on the bike that I did not see mad need to do it again.

Now as the pandemic hit and not commuting any more I find myself wanting to get out on the bike again, but now I do it on my own at my pace.

The only issue is I don't really know the good places to go.

And lastly, the my bike is bigger than yours and mine can do faster plus I have better leathers was quite off-putting.

• Advertisement

Not exaclty promoting group spins there.

My experience has been the complete opposite and I prefer spins with a few mates, some are slower and some are faster, no one is left behind and no one would ever be pushed to ride outside of their comfort zone. I've learned more from the 100s of hours riding in a group than the 10s of 1000s of solo miles I've done.

You just picked the wrong group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Lot of cock measuring goes on in there, slip down the road to Lynhams...better group of lads in there....everyone welcome...even Hardleys....:p

Funny you say this actually.

I ended up there yesterday for a (really ****ty) coffee on the way back from a spot up the road. Now I was in my jeep with the other half and noticed about 15 bikes. Nice group of lads mid twenties to 40s I'd reckon.

Well the absolute ****ing shiote I heard. Lads comparing gixxers and r6 and this had 22 more bhp and better for the road blah blah.. another lad on a s1000rr must of gotten a one off carbed version as he spent more time revving it to make sure she didn't stall. I was also highly amazed by knee sliders on his leathers having wear marks all round as opposed to lined out.. maybe he has rotary hips or something or an orbital sander fight in home.

I don't think I'm missing much down the back hills of west cork!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Not exaclty promoting group spins there.

I've learned more from the 100s of hours riding in a group than the 10s of 1000s of solo miles I've done.

You just picked the wrong group.

Hey Zubair, the intention was not to tell people not to do it as I fully agree with what you said above. In fact I would think it would also make it quite enjoyable, my intention was to highlight the problem that some don't realise it's there.

I would love the opportunity to join next planned ride out in group who are not road racers and who don't mind slower paced riders coming along, providing location /day suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Japcati2020

So does anybody still go out,or is this thread now a dead duck??
    More excitement in a morgue,than in here these days.....lol.

534001.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=534002&stc=1&d=1606209938

So does anybody still go out,or is this thread now a dead duck??
    More excitement in a morgue,than in here these days.....lol.

534001.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=534002&stc=1&d=1606209938

Well the weather, it has rained a lot of late. Temps are dipping too...

Oh and theres that lockdown thing, nearly forgot it so I did.

H_Lime wrote: »
    Well the weather, it has rained a lot of late. Temps are dipping too...

Oh and theres that lockdown thing, nearly forgot it so I did.

Lame excuses.....sure that's typical irish weather.
    Safer on a bike spinning than standing in a queue in Lidl or Tesco for food,with coughing n sputtering aulfellas and aulwans.

Grand day for it too.....

534026.jpg

Lame excuses.....sure that's typical irish weather.
    Safer on a bike spinning than standing in a queue in Lidl or Tesco for food,with coughing n sputtering aulfellas and aulwans.

Nah I don't like riding in the rain, spent long enough having to do it. Kinda past caring if that doesn't measure up to some kinda standard either:)
    Means I don't have to clean the bikes as often. Mind you, I'm not as bad as I once was on that front
    IMG-20201116-194423.jpg

Nah I don't like riding in the rain, spent long enough having to do it. Kinda past caring if that doesn't measure up to some kinda standard either:)
    Means I don't have to clean the bikes as often. Mind you, I'm not as bad as I once was on that front
    IMG-20201116-194423.jpg

I dont do standards and all that horsesh!t
    I just do biking regardless of who says what.
    Great to be out on the bike,regardless of what the weather is doing.....:D

• Advertisement

Ye, it's just good being on the bike. I wouldn't just go for a spin needlessly if it was p'ing rain but if I have somewhere to be and its raining, windy etc. I'll take the bike over the car anytime. I don't know if anyone ever watched comedians in cars getting coffee on Netflix. Jerry Seinfeld tells a story about when he was young; it was lashing rain and he was talking to biker; he asked the biker, "do you wish you were in a car?" and the biker replied, "no, I just wish it wasn't raining!". Once we get out of this lockdown, whatever the weather, I'll be out the next Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Ye, it's just good being on the bike. I wouldn't just go for a spin needlessly if it was p'ing rain but if I have somewhere to be and its raining, windy etc. I'll take the bike over the car anytime. I don't know if anyone ever watched comedians in cars getting coffee on Netflix. Jerry Seinfeld tells a story about when he was young; it was lashing rain and he was talking to biker; he asked the biker, "do you wish you were in a car?" and the biker replied, "no, I just wish it wasn't raining!". Once we get out of this lockdown, whatever the weather, I'll be out the next Sunday.

I hope to get out on Sunday as the next I have off work after that is Christmas day :(

Grand day for it.....:D
    Cold and slippy,but still a lovely day.

534136.jpg
    534150.jpg

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I'd be up for a quick spin this Sunday!

I'll be out Friday and Saturday,but not Sunday.
    Painting a house on the Sunday......supposedly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I'll be out Friday and Saturday,but not Sunday.
    Painting a house on the Sunday......supposedly.
    Lame excuses.....

:P

:P

Hegzaggly! :pac:
    I never let gaff painting get in the way of howth and cawfee.

• Advertisement

Hegzaggly! :pac:
    I never let gaff painting get in the way of howth and cawfee.

Is there any particular route that's decent out by howth or is it mostly scenery, comes up a lot on here but I don't know the good roads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Is there any particular route that's decent out by howth or is it mostly scenery, comes up a lot on here but I don't know the good roads.
    Its a head so really only one point of entrance to it, and its not that big either. It is good to park up and go for a stroll around the cliffs and the piers though. Its over run with cars to really enjoy it, the coast road into it is a disaster if its a nice day, its down to one lane and even on a bike its dodgy
    I sometimes go up at about 5 or 6 in the morning which is perfect, flask of coffee and the sunrise is epic from the summit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Also ice cream is nice to grab out there, in better weather.

Also ice cream is nice to grab out there, in better weather.

Jimmy, you're so wrong on that one :) Ice cream is a state of mind, if ever you see bloke on a bike having a 99 outside the shop on the washerwomans hill outside the Bons in the píssing rain, its likely to me me :)
    It transforms my day no matter what the weather.

(I've made not that the shop opens at 7.00 am too haha)

Praise the Lord and pass the tub of Ben n Gerrys!

• Advertisement

Nice bit a cake today......:pac:
    534301.jpg

On the aul scooter.......

534302.jpg

Theres more than 1 place to go in Howth......:p

534303.jpg

534304.jpg

Nice bit a cake today......:pac:
    534301.jpg
    Fab shot!
    Do ya still go fishing up there?

Fab shot!
    Do ya still go fishing up there?

Thanks,havent be fishing in over year.
    Last time was an all nighter last year down at Newcastle Beach in Wicklow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,497 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Gotta be careful with all that cake and coffee :pac:

main-qimg-2b251383398b8decf03670ca230eab54-c

Scrap the cap!

I balance it out with my proteins...lol.
    Plus I've a high metabolism too....:D

Dude can hustle!

Happy Friday everyone.....
    534355.jpg
    534356.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Breezin

Happy Friday! :D
    20201127-162626.jpg

• Advertisement

Breezin wrote: »
    20201127-162626.jpg
    That looks like seapoint ?
    My old stomping ground :-)
    Happy Friday to you too :-)

20201127-162626.jpg

Enfield lookin Well, nice strand cruiser to quote the pixies.

That looks like seapoint ?
    My old stomping ground :-)
    Happy Friday to you too :-)

The opposite...looking toward home from Sutton Strand. :-)

Need to get away from black week/Friday/Monday and get out before I spend any more on ****e I don't need.
    Howth and cake it is...

Good craic out in Howth today.....:)

534578.jpg

534579.jpg
    534581.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Nabidana

20201127-162626.jpg

The Orange Crush Interceptor is one of the best looking bikes out there right now.

Just beautiful!

Nabidana wrote: »
    The Orange Crush Interceptor is one of the best looking bikes out there right now.

Just beautiful!

In the eye of the beholder, but yeah, I like it! :D

Orange, of course, is also the fastest colour.

In the eye of the beholder, but yeah, I like it! :D

Orange, of course, is also the fastest colour.

Sorry but red is still the fastest colour, that will never change, orange is the most hooligan colour. :D

Sorry but red is still the fastest colour, that will never change, orange is the most hooligan colour. :D

At my age I'll take hooligan :p

• Advertisement

Now that's a Sunday Spin.....
    Done for Callum and for Stewardstown Hospital too.

Advertisement