Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TP link smart plug problem

• 29-11-2020 6:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I have just set up a TP link smart plug,don't know if ive done this right,the only way to get app to work (iphone) is go into wifi settings and the select choose a network,i select TP link plug 975 now i can can use it , but now i cant use my other smart plugs because ive now disconnected from my router, if i go back into wifi settings select choose a network again select router then my other plugs work but TP plug doesn't,don't know if i explained my problem well, any help will be appreciated.
    Tried on a android phone same problem,so basicly when you choose network ,TP smart plug your turning off Wi-Fi ,the TP plug will work on your phone (router not selected ) so wifi wont will work on your phone until you switch network back to router, dont have this problem with my other smart plugs they just joined to route rwifi not separate if that makes sense.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Seems like a silly question, but, have downloaded and run the TPLimk app?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Seems like a silly question, but, have downloaded and run the TPLimk app?

Yes im using the app on my iphone but to get it work i have to go into wifi settings phone, choose network, select plug then it works, problem is then im disconnected from wifi on phone because router is now not selected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Have you tried resetting the device and setting it up again? It doesn't sound like it ever connected to your WiFi.

Have you tried resetting the device and setting it up again? It doesn't sound like it ever connected to your WiFi.

Think ill have to start again,strange it works if i select the plug in wifi settings on phone, but then ive deselected the router,so in wifi settings,choose network, i have a choice of the plug or my router,take it this cant be right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

You're doing it wrong. You don't connect to the plug directly over wifi.

Its just not setup. Install the Kasa app and go from there.

• Advertisement

You only select the plug briefly during setup then it goes back on WiFi. Get the kasa app and follow instructions all the way thru

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭irelandrover

It sounds like you haven't connected the plug to your WiFi.

Try the setup again

ill delete the Kasa app reinstall and start again.

Done it ,wasn't connected right,thanks for help.

One other thing, how far as anyone put a smart plug away from the house,thinking of my Christmas lights, in a insulation box of course, suppose it depends how strong the signal is, does it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement