Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Accounting

Options
  • 02-08-2015 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi there I'm going into 5th yr this September and choose accounting as one of my choice subjects. After talking with the accounting teacher I was fairly positive she said there was no double entry book keeping in the exams however I seem to see it in the books so I'm wondering is it that you can avoide the double entry book keeping questions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 B787RW

Hi,

In Leaving Cert Accounting there is no question that appears on the paper that asks you to post entries to the ledger or enter transactions into any day books (like Q1 Paper 2, in Junior Business Studies)

However you have to use the principles of double entry as it appears in some questions (Q1, Suspense accounts, incomplete records and more) but you do not have to record these in the way that you did in Q1 that appears on the JC, you just have to understand the concept of double entry and the accounts that it may affect and adjust them accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DubStudent365

B787RW wrote: »
    Hi,

In Leaving Cert Accounting there is no question that appears on the paper that asks you to post entries to the ledger or enter transactions into any day books (like Q1 Paper 2, in Junior Business Studies)

However you have to use the principles of double entry as it appears in some questions (Q1, Suspense accounts, incomplete records and more) but you do not have to record these in the way that you did in Q1 that appears on the JC, you just have to understand the concept of double entry and the accounts that it may affect and adjust them accordingly.

Thanks so much for clearing it up for me! I avoided them after learning them in 3rd year because I found I spent too much time with the questions. Good to know I just have to brush up on my understanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jason_H

I didn't do business for the Junior Cert, still have no clue what double entry even is, but managed Bs/As all the way through in accounting.

It's the same questions every year, just with different numbers. I learnt what to do, but I have no idea why. It's a huge pity that the subject works like that, but it worked to my favour so I can't complain.

Advertisement