Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of Studying Medicine in Poland

Options
  • 29-07-2015 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi guys,

I am almost convinced to Study Medicine in Poland. I know there is a Polish University representative here in Dublin. They offer 6 MD program through English at Collegium Medicum in Bydgoszcz where I can still apply.
    Has anyone any experience of studying medicine in Poland or applying for this year ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sean_b97

some advice: think of the change in lifestyle and everything like that with living in poland... do you know any1 from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Arthur B

I know guys who applied and got in to Bydgoszcz this year. At least one of them is going for an event on 4th Aug to a place in Lwr Gardiner St. to learn more what it's like to study there. I also know people who went to study there and they genuinely like it.
    I'd say you need to research what Poland is like, the prices etc. but is seems much cheaper th live there than here. A pint is like 1.20 EUR :D happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 philipphilip

Arthur B, just to let you know, I'm going for the interview for 6y MD at Collegium Medicum in Bydgoszcz. The guys who run it in Dublin, Medical Poland, get the papers sorted and give hints for the interview, but I'm wondering how well you know those who applied earlier this year and if I could talk to them about the interview. It's on Fr, 14th, so not too much time to prepare. MP run an info event again on 13th, 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 howdydoodee

Hey guys, saw this thread was up and thought I'd post something in case anybody was interested.

I'll be starting the programme in 2 weeks and I can't wait. The guys at medical Poland were really helpful in getting me organised and preparing me for the interview.

I went over to Bydgoszcz about a month ago for my interview with Professor Javien. It went well, he was very nice and friendly and asked me lots of questions about how I planned to adjust to life in a different country, why I wanted to study medicine as well as Biology questions. He asked me about the heart which I had studied a lot before hand based on the advice on med Poland and it paid off!

I'm looking forward to starting in September, when I visited I was really impressed with the college's facilities and the city itself. There are 3 Irish people on the course this year so far and there may be more after the interviews in Dublin today the 14th.

Hope this helps anyone who might be thinking of applying as I believe there might be a possibility for late applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭normanbond

What are the entry requirements for poland?
    What are the course fees?
    Am really interested!

Hey guys, saw this thread was up and thought I'd post something in case anybody was interested.

I'll be starting the programme in 2 weeks and I can't wait. The guys at medical Poland were really helpful in getting me organised and preparing me for the interview.

I went over to Bydgoszcz about a month ago for my interview with Professor Javien. It went well, he was very nice and friendly and asked me lots of questions about how I planned to adjust to life in a different country, why I wanted to study medicine as well as Biology questions. He asked me about the heart which I had studied a lot before hand based on the advice on med Poland and it paid off!

I'm looking forward to starting in September, when I visited I was really impressed with the college's facilities and the city itself. There are 3 Irish people on the course this year so far and there may be more after the interviews in Dublin today the 14th.

Hope this helps anyone who might be thinking of applying as I believe there might be a possibility for late applications.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 APMom

Listen to the podcast for the Pat Kenny show on Newstalk today. The guy from Poland was on today.

Advertisement