Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic car insurance.

Options
  • 20-08-2019 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi , unsure if I am in the right place but does a 1998 jap Mr2 qualify for classic insurance. If so has anyone here been able to get it. I have a daily driver which I intend to keep.
    Thanks Jon

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It might.

The only way to find out is to ring around.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

My 98 Skyline is classically insured with Autoline.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jonsturbo2

Thanks a million ,
    Will give autoline a call tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

And.....

C'mon , a bit of feedback would be nice, ;)

I requested the call back but heard nothing yet Will ring them tomorrow and update.
    Was slightly concerned thou with autoline based in newry what will happen after brexit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ask them for their contingency plans for Brexit hard border.

First of all thanks for suggestion , think it was midnight who suggested autoline.
    I just rang autoline newry talking to lovely girl and went through the quote in no more than 2 mins. Unlike getting a quote here . Anyhow I got a quote for 300 fully comp with 150 excess , happy days . I enquired about brexit and it’s not a problem as it seems they are just acting as a broker as the policy will be with a company that operates north and south of the border. Will be supplied a disc same as here. One drawback is I haven’t taken the policy out yet as unable until next Tuesday so we will see then. The MR2 doesn’t have a current NCT and hope this doesn’t cause a problem. Did ask her could they quote for my daily driver Focus but no only classic.
    Thanks for help and will update after taking out policy.
    Jon

• Registered Users Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Jonsturbo2 wrote: »
    First of all thanks for suggestion , think it was midnight who suggested autoline.
    I just rang autoline newry talking to lovely girl and went through the quote in no more than 2 mins. Unlike getting a quote here . Anyhow I got a quote for 300 fully comp with 150 excess , happy days . I enquired about brexit and it’s not a problem as it seems they are just acting as a broker as the policy will be with a company that operates north and south of the border. Will be supplied a disc same as here. One drawback is I haven’t taken the policy out yet as unable until next Tuesday so we will see then. The MR2 doesn’t have a current NCT and hope this doesn’t cause a problem. Did ask her could they quote for my daily driver Focus but no only classic.
    Thanks for help and will update after taking out policy.
    Jon

It's either Axa or Allianz that the policy will be with, I forget exactly as it's that cheap it doesn't bother me :p

Thsnks again , will update tomorrow as today bank holiday if all goes through ok. Car isn’t currently tested so hope that doesnt cause a problem.

Thanks again just paid for my 98 MR2 insurance with autoline . Docs will be sent out in the post.

• Advertisement
Advertisement