Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

It's in the Top Gear India special actually - the bit where they're hanging banners on a moving train.

It was also regularly used in Brainiac on Sky One from what I remember.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Victor wrote: »
    Interestingly, I haven't seen / hear this comment since I was a child.
    Maybe whoever wrote that is even older than you are. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

What am i missing in the Where's Wally one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

What am i missing in the Where's Wally one?
    Bernie Sanders in his coat and mittens at the inauguration (a recent meme) is sitting on the reindeer in the middle right of the image.

Bernie Sanders in his coat and mittens at the inauguration (a recent meme) is sitting on the reindeer in the middle right of the image.

I know the meme. Thanks. It still took me ages to find him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I know the meme. Thanks. It still took me ages to find him.

Whoooosh

I thought that it was the fact that there was more than one wally....

There was more than one Wally? Ah lads I need to go to Specsavers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭Kat1170

540687.jpg

Kat1170 wrote: »
    540687.jpg

I saw it when RobertFoster basically told me where it was. It looks like a green bush/turd on a reindeer

• Advertisement

I saw it when RobertFoster basically told me where it was. It looks like a green bush/turd on a reindeer
    Yeah, it is badly photoshopped in, would have been far better if it was drawn in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Yeah, it is badly photoshopped in, would have been far better if it was drawn in.
    Bernie-Sanders-Totoro.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=600

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,152 ✭✭✭✭josip

Was anyone else watching this waiting for the "scare" ?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116038017&postcount=1092

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,622 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

josip wrote: »
    Was anyone else watching this waiting for the "scare" ?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116038017&postcount=1092

It did cross my mind. Thin line between relaxing and hoping for something to happen. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Oink wrote: »
    Anybody else having trouble viewing 1800ladladlad ‘s attachments on iphone?
    Yes, and not only on iphones, and not only from him: that's why we are blue in the face asking people to add the links, esp. from sites like twimg, scontent, etc. I was told my own posts from ifunny are a problem for some users, too.
    At least adding a link would allow people to click on it if they were curious, they're much better than a rake of blank pages.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

joujoujou wrote: »
    5yumiOn.jpg

I really need to go to this place and get free food! :pac:

inforfun wrote: »

See, now I know that they're lying. They couldn't possibly put their socks on, with such short arms, just as they couldn't possibly fasten their sandals. Now, flip flops I could understand. Maybe even Birkenstocks, if they were German T-Rex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

New Home wrote: »
    See, now I know that they're lying. They couldn't possibly put their socks on, with such short arms, just as they couldn't possibly fasten their sandals. Now, flip flops I could understand. Maybe even Birkenstocks, if they were German T-Rex.

See, you're talkin bullsh*t. Didn't Jurassic Park teach you ANYTHING? They travel in hers. To help each other hunt..... and put on sandals. It's called evolution. Hello!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Treppen wrote: »
    More knitters gone loco in lockdown

540947.jpg

This just reminds me of the Rimini Riddle, and the childhood trauma associated with that show!
    049_20a420f6855cf319a7faa7727a0e92580803dc0e.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

de841c7a-ab20-4b5c-b9da-71fe69dd536b.gif

See, you're talkin bullsh*t. Didn't Jurassic Park teach you ANYTHING? They travel in hers. To help each other hunt..... and put on sandals. It's called evolution. Hello!!!

Now, wait a minute, there. It's clear you haven't thought it through. How were they doing that, exactly? By lifting their legs? They'd have toppled over. Would the helper TRex have had to bend down to the helpee's feet? Arms still too short, even if the helpee had put its foot on the helper's bended knee. Not a chance. Now, if you had said they were wearing slip-ons, then fine, that'd have been entirely plausible 'cause they could have used one of those long shoe horns with the back scratcher on the other end to put them on. But socks? Pft! Do me a favour!

Now, wait a minute, there. It's clear you haven't thought it through. How were they doing that, exactly? By lifting their legs? They'd have toppled over. Would the helper TRex have had to bend down to the helpee's feet? Arms still too short, even if the helpee had put its foot on the helper's bended knee. Not a chance. Now, if you had said they were wearing slip-ons, then fine, that'd have been entirely plausible 'cause they could have used one of those long shoe horns with the back scratcher on the other end to put them on. But socks? Pft! Do me a favour!

I can see you put a lot of thought into this after all and defer to your knowledge :D

:cool:

I've always known, deep down, that not having a life would pay off, one day. :D

• Advertisement

Pffttttt, come on, think outside your conventional little boxes. They clearly use this for socks :rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

Oh, you mean like this?
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116037216&postcount=2163

And where would they have plugged in the airbrush, pray tell?

Oh, you mean like this?
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116037216&postcount=2163

And where would they have plugged in the airbrush, pray tell?

Must try harder ;)

Well, uhm, ok, fine. I'll concede that that could be a viable theory.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116061360&postcount=8707
    At least it's not gonna cost you an arm and a leg.

• Advertisement

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116061360&postcount=8707
    At least it's not gonna cost you an arm and a leg.

Obviously a cocker spaniel :)

Lorena Bobbitt's pooch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭vh4sd

The lifesavers will do a head count soon to see if Wally was kidnapped by a dolphin ... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

541085.jpg

Any ideas what this one is about? Has me stumped...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116065513&postcount=8718

If it's anything like what's used in humans, then it was more likely a cattle prod up the Khyber Pass.

[Stalin image]

I can only assume it is to do with COVID lockdown restrictions, stuff that Communist governments around the world would consider normal control of populations.

Any ideas what this one is about? Has me stumped...

I think it's about how long the lockdowns are going on.
    Back in March when lockdowns first started, people couldn't travel and shelves in shops were empty, the communism comparison was made.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

josip wrote: »
    I think it's about how long the lockdowns are going on.
    Back in March when lockdowns first started, people couldn't travel and shelves in shops were empty, the communism comparison was made.

Shelves in what shops? We never ran out of toilet paper either despite the panic buying

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Shelves in what shops? We never ran out of toilet paper either despite the panic buying
    We never ran out either and never panic bought, so were lucky that there was some when we needed it, but did see empty shelves in several local shops for about 3-4 weeks around March.

• Advertisement

Most types of flour were unavailable for weeks; I think there was only self-raising sometimes.
    That was in Lidl Shankill/Sallynoggin, Aldi Sallynoggin, Tesco Ballybrack.
    At the same time there was a separate issue with egg supply which meant there was a very limited supply of those also.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hardly starvation:D:pac:

The vegan shelves remained fully stocked! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭blackwhite

The vegan shelves remained fully stocked! :D

Nothing edible on those though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Well, speak for yourself...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,222 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Suckit wrote: »
    MoXewJv.jpg

Don’t think I’d fancy yogurt from a Fanny.

GBX wrote: »
    Shortest international bridge

Wikipedia says that's a myth.

Also there's this: https://www.google.com/maps/@54.0691889,-6.6650266,3a,75y,113.72h,87.43t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sXyJGFNwrSm7R8qemSid4Aw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

:pac: Probably even shorter bridges along the border.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Wikipedia says that's a myth.

Also there's this: https://www.google.com/maps/@54.0691889,-6.6650266,3a,75y,113.72h,87.43t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sXyJGFNwrSm7R8qemSid4Aw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

:pac: Probably even shorter bridges along the border.

It gets better.

The island owners play up to the myth by hanging flags on the bridge - the image that was put up has those flags in it, and is claiming that the side with the Candian flag is American, and vice versa

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d7/Zavikon_Island%28s%29_L.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,490 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Spinning chair on trailer.
    vh4sd wrote: »
    And this is how you get brain damage - if you don't have it already.

• Advertisement

Victor wrote: »
    Spinning chair on trailer.
    And this is how you get brain damage - if you don't have it already.
    Well, considering the fact that he is wearing a red cap (MAGA?) he may already have it. :pac: :P

Advertisement