Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should Matt Cooper be removed from the last word?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 roll_over

ive completely gone off him , he has turned into a very predictable PC bore of the highest order this past few years , he has an annoying voice to begin with and anytime hes in anyway irate , the shrillness becomes too much

luckily for him , the competition is awful at both newstalk and rte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Awight matt, ow ya doen matt ... De Fing abou radio matt.. Nufffin "

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

With Ivan Yates in that slot on Newstalk, that won't be necessary for the time being.

Will Ivan do that well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Prince William

Since this thread was written, the last word has dumbed down so much that Chris and Ciara would be more suitable hosts

• Registered Users Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Since this thread was written, the last word has dumbed down so much that Chris and Ciara would be more suitable hosts

They'd be more in tune with the way the show has gone - the amount of sjw types brought into review different stories is tiring to listen to tbh.

It mightn't necessarily be Matt's fault, probably pushed by producers tbh, but he's been complicit in it's dumbing down imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,987 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

He obviously has no bother taking the pay cheque and continuing on.

But if he was a serious journo, like he used to be, he would have fled this show by now. It really is a shadow of its former self. Used to be a great show with interesting arguments and debates. Now its just an echo chamber most of the time for people to give off about white males, Trump, Brexit, or the popular social media topic of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Donald Trump has ruined him. He is obsessed with him. A lot of the guests reflect that. 'Journalists' from the Journal.ie for example !!

2smiggy wrote: »
    Donald Trump has ruined him. He is obsessed with him!

Very true - I'd say there isn't a day that goes by that Matt doesn't mention the Donald.

Pat Kenny has the same obsession with Trump imo

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

RMAOK wrote:
    Very true - I'd say there isn't a day that goes by that Matt doesn't mention the Donald.

RMAOK wrote:
    Pat Kenny has the same obsession with Trump imo

Sick personally of the constant Trump bashing (yes he brings alot on himself but every day),

Is there any records of how both of these two acted back when Trump purchased Doonbeg ? praise and all that jazz? American businessman etc..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

I like matt but i love gift grubs matt even more :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Sadly, Trump is the "noisiest" president of the USA I can remember in my lifetime. It's hard not to report on him because he is constantly doing and saying things that keep him in the limelight. He's not like any other president they've had and I think the repercussions of his time in the Oval Office will be felt for years to come. The biggest problems with The Last Word are the poor quality contributors and Matt turning into a SJW who won't ask the hard questions any more. I'd say it's a combination of him working too hard and being surrounded by a snowflake production team that has done the damage. They share the same building as Newstalk so that sort of group think is endemic in there.

Aska wrote: »
    Sick personally of the constant Trump bashing (yes he brings alot on himself but every day)..

It can get VERY tiring when having to listen to it.

It begs the question - would Matt (or Pat Kenny, for that matter) actually give out to Trump if they were afforded an interview with him? Could it turn out like Carole Coleman and George W. Bush a few years back? Or would it just be a damp squib?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I don't mind the giving out about Trump it's the delight that Cooper takes in it, he can be very rude to Cal Thomas which is unfair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Anyone hear the clown this evening, she managed to turn the traveller story on its head and labelled kiwis prejudiced against travellers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Anyone hear the clown this evening, she managed to turn the traveller story on its head and labelled kiwis prejudiced against travellers.

Heard it. Fight or flight she said.

• Advertisement

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Heard it. Fight or flight she said.

What a dope

No advocating " toxic masculinity" re-education classes there

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Who was it?

Who was it?

Some dope called Kate harding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I think she's one of the station's producers

I think she's one of the station's producers

Figures!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Milena Gifted Vessel

just look at her twitter page, some fella called her out on it and she sprouts nonsense like Louise O'Neill/John Connors did last year after the aldi break in

Advertisement