Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your hangover breakfast??

Options
  • 07-07-2010 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

As above what is your favourite morning after treat???

Mine is 4 thick rashers and a fried egg in between 2 slice of thick home cut bread toasted and swimming with butter and brown sauce:p:p

If I'm going back on the batter I keep a can in the fridge to accompany it or if I'm not it's a pint of milk and a pot of tea!!!!

Even better when herself makes it!!!:D:D

All on the proviso that you are not actually so sick you cant eat!! We've all been there!!:o
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

a good fry

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

A fry.............but made on the BBQ :D its so feak'in tasty!!! i even do the egg on the side burner. my mouth would be watering, if i had'nt just eatten my lunch :)
    I still heat the beans in the microwave though...............

But if i am continuing drinking, i dont bother with breakfast.............just straight on the booze :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Cup of tea is the business for a hangover while you're waiting for the fry up to be cooked. No beans though, beans are gross :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Can't eat anything the morning after drinking...so its more of an afternoon fry for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Usually I don't see the morning when I've a hangover, but when I do surface, I like lots of Tropicana orange juice (must have bits!) and either eggs like this, or a combination of paprika flavoured sausages, sautéed garlicky cherry tomatoes and some good bread. Then, a pot of strong coffee and some quality time with the sofa :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Corkladddd!!

It seems that the traditional fry is still a favourite!! I'll probably be shot for this but I think they are a little too much to handle after a night out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭woysworld

FRY-UP!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭NoHornJan

My brother used to take two raw eggs and a glass of milk after a night on the town. He would crack an egg into a glass, add a dash of pure orange juice and down the hatch, same for the next egg and wash them both down with a half pint of milk. He reckoned if they stayed down 'till lunchtime, then he'd be able for the big fry-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Yve

Jambons and Lucozade

*Nyom*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Paulyh wrote: »
    A fry.............but made on the BBQ :D its so feak'in tasty!!! i even do the egg on the side burner. my mouth would be watering, if i had'nt just eatten my lunch :)
    I still heat the beans in the microwave though...............

But if i am continuing drinking, i dont bother with breakfast.............just straight on the booze :)

Get some chilli sauce into those beans to man it up. Good for the hangover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Yve wrote: »
    Jambons and Lucozade

*Nyom*

Best answer yet :D

Me self, it's black coffee and a smoke, then after the morning movement, filthy fry, with fryed spuds, mushrooms and large pot of coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Swampy wrote: »
    Get some chilli sauce into those beans to man it up. Good for the hangover.

you cant beat the chilli sauce adds a lovely kick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

It used to be a breakfast roll and a bottle of Lucazade sport. Then it was a breakfast roll and a pint of milk.

Breakie roll had to consist of: big soft roll, sausages, rashers, pudding (black and white), hash browns and plenty of tomato ketchup. Beans on the side if available.

Been 9 months snce I've had one now. I miss them nearly as much as Guinness....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I cant eat until the afternoon, then I stuff my face with all available food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

Dominos Pepperoni Passion, Chicken Kickers & two cans of coke in the early afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Hash browns. Eggs. Potatoes.

Prior to that eat 2 kiwi fruit.

No more hangover.

Also avoid cigarettes, they are 80% of the pain of a bad hangover if you're a smoker. Replace nicotene with THC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Two Solpadene and a Rubex in a pint of water and back to bed:o.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

A yummy chicken fillet roll from Centra and nice cold glass of orange juice usually does the job :p

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

cup of tea and a good fry up.. If i can't be bothered or too sick to cook the whole fry then just a bacon and egg sandwich :D

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

• Advertisement

double sausage and egg muffin meal X 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 shoeaddict27

has to be a rasher sandwich and a cup of tea :)

i always crave orange juice too, like my body's mourning all the vitamins destroyed through alcohol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Corkladddd!!

had a few myself at home with a few others last night actually and had a hot chicken roll earlier, have to say it did the trick!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭nin2010

yabadabado wrote: »
    you cant beat the chilli sauce adds a lovely kick.

Nandos hot chilli sauce in the beans is the business!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Big Mac, Large Fries and a Large Coke.

All you major food groups covered - salt, sugar, carbs and grease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Big Mac, Large Fries and a Large Coke.

All you major food groups covered - salt, sugar, carbs and grease.

And fat. Can't forget about our pal which keeps us warm.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

If the headache prevents more drinking I like to go all out on a serious fry.
    With beans!
    Interesting thing in Dunnes yesterday. A roulade of black and white pudding. So that, with the baby button mushrooms (Slow fried in butter with a dribble of balsamic vinegar.)
    Breakfast potato is also important. Those Mc.Donalds hashbrowns are about the best for a durty breakfast potato situation but since it's home made you need some fried potato or potato cakes.
    Then the usual bacon, sausage and a coupla fried eggs. Sunny side up.
    Then sit back and wait for the ambulance to arrive while giggling at your tingling left arm and watching the grand prix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I like to keep some chinese left over from the night before,I tend to get a curry when I go out. Keep some for the morning and it's a real treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

1 x Alka Selzter
    1 x glass fizzy water
    2 x sausages in a white bread roll with brown sauce.
    1 x Tea

I can tell you it works because I did all that this morning and if I hadn't, I wouldn't have even gotten to work.

Don't ask me why I made a hames of a bottle of Absolut when I knew I was working a 12 hour shift the next day @ 10am. Jesus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Timistry

When in college, either a hot chicken roll or a large white roll stuffed with sausages and tomato sauce. yum! Had a huge craving for freezing cold orange juice aswell. If im too hungover, glass of water/OJ,2 disprin etc and back to bed

Advertisement