Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I think this new Heineken ad is patronising ****e

Options
  • 13-01-2016 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

I think this new Heineken ad is patronising ****e and doesn't reflect the real world. Ends horrifically with female bartender gazing lovingly after some muppet who smirks with self satisfaction just because he says no to another drink.

Mind you, Heineken know bloody well it's ****e as if we all listened to it they'd sell less. Nothing in this ad makes we want to buy Heineken anyway, in fact it makes me associate annoyance with the brand now :P

Am I alone or do others think it's actually well thought out and responsible advertising from a leading brand? Oh, and the wimmin in it make me puke too. Real world I see, you're more likely to see young wans comatose on shorts than blokes out of it on beer!.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A4v3vyHWOU

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 stevemul

Social engineering at its best.

Heineken ads have been ****e forever. No idea how it's patronising and of course it doesn't reflect the real world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

You noticed the ad and cared about it so much that you started a thread on it, asking people what they thought.

The ad worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

They murdered Bonnie Tyler's song.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 smarty_mcfly

beats me how a company thinks that making an ad showing someone refusing their product is good marketing...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭JackieBauer

Who gives a f.uck?! I couldn't tell you what ads are on half the time. It's abstract vision and background noise, that's it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

You need to get out more, but don't drink Heineken.

Who gives a f.uck?! I couldn't tell you what ads are on half the time. It's abstract vision and background noise, that's it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Sam Kade wrote: »
    They murdered Bonnie Tyler's song.

To be fair, Bonnie Tyler ruined most of her own songs first

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭silverbolt

beats me how a company thinks that making an ad showing someone refusing their product is good marketing...

because it gets people talking about it.

Speaking as the non drinker in my group, it can get tedious (once it stops being funny) looking at your mates plastered off thier faces, and explaining for the umpteenth time that i do drink i just choose not to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement