Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Birthday news paper???

• 09-04-2007 9:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,211 ✭✭✭✭

sorry if this is the wrong place guys but my girlfriend wants to get her dad a newspaper from the day he was born, a local or national, how would one go about doing this? it seems to be a big think in the uk.

any other suggestions for things to do like that for a big bday (ie a 60th) greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭free2fly

Not sure if they have Irish newspapers, but maybe you can do a google search. http://www.newspapersremembered.com/?source=adwords&kw=birthday%20newspapers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Good idea actually, I have one from my day of birth.

I'd go directly to Independant Newspapers or the likes, I presume they'd have back copies but they'd prob charge a bit for one like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Used to buy these all the time in my old job for retirements etc. Can't remember which paper I rang. I looked into a few months ago for my friend, rang either the Times or the Indo & they gave me a number of who does them. Think it used to be about £35 framed or something like that, so probably around €50 now. I have a vague recollection of the place being in Blackrock, but I could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

You can get a framed photograph of the Irish Times on the day you were born ->

http://www.ireland.com/frontpage/

I bought one for my granny on her 90th birthday. Not as nice as having the whole newspaper but a nice present none the less.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

^ beat me to it! They can frame it for you too. its cool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

An ex-girlfriend got one for me for my 21st, framed.

The Irish Times it is.

A great present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭watsgone

check www.ireland.com
    there is frontpage sales and photo sales there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

You can also call into the National Library and get photocopies of any front page(full size) for less than €10. You can look at all of the papers for the particular day and pick the best one. Then just get it framed yourself.

Advertisement