Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance after passing test.

Options
  • 24-08-2019 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭

I have a family member named on my policy who is a learner.
    Passed the test on Thurs - insurance doesn't expire till next July.
    Should the company be notified of this - or wait till next renewal date ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Tell the insurance now, or when they open again. Learner to qualified driver, should be instant saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Get on to them sharpish. Me and my wife passed our tests recently insurance chopped in half. Take some savings.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It doesn't matter when they passed the test, it matters when their license was issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

It doesn't matter when they passed the test, it matters when their license was issued.

+1 on this.

You must wait until the full licence is in the person's hand before ringing insurance.

A receipt is no good nor is just passing the test.

Apply for full licence and wait for it to be received before calling

This also applies to the learner driver regarding L plates and driving accompanied. They must still display L plates and have someone with them fully licenced etc.

Only when they have the full licence in their hand can you do away with the L plates and they can drive alone

Hopefully some reduction on monthly payments or if paid in full some form of refund will be due

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭dooroy

Thanks for replies.
    Applying for driver's licence tomorrow and once received will inform insurance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement