Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To kill a mother-in-law

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Mililf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Mililf

hurl_cam.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

You either put up with cr@p from people in life, or you dont, I really dont know why people put up with it more from a MiL and then gripe about it. Yes, I can understand you sacrifice for your spouse, but if there is a problem, why be a hypocrite?

I have some issues (shall we say philosophical differences) with my wifes mother and sister, my wife knows this so she doesnt push it and we keep it civil with a healthy formality at family events, so there is never any unpleasantness. But i do hear how my MiL talks about my fellow in-laws when theyre not around, so i imagine I get the same treatment in my absence, but keeping things the way they are means i dont actually give a feck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

MIL is fine , I have a bullet , can of petrol , grave dug , rope and cyanide for sister in law and her pox husband.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

MIL lives abroad. She comes and visits maybe for 4 days every 2nd year when the husband turns into chef and housekeeper of the century and I want to beat him to death. Not her fault he turns into a knob. She's pretty ok but very boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I have a handy acronym for my mother in law .

TFMOH.

Sure you can work it out ..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Bear in mind op you could be someones dreaded father/mother-in-law some day.

I never had one but i like to think we'd have got on great. After all we both loved the same person.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Crea wrote: »
    MIL lives abroad. She comes and visits maybe for 4 days every 2nd year when the husband turns into chef and housekeeper of the century and I want to beat him to death. Not her fault he turns into a knob. She's pretty ok but very boring.
    Ask her to move in so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Bear in mind op you could be someones dreaded father/mother-in-law some day.

I never had one but i like to think we'd have got on great. After all we both loved the same person.

Unfortunately, this is real life and human nature.

My MIL doesn't love me, nor I doubt she actually hates me.

She's a difficult woman, her family put up with a lot, and occasionally, always she upsets family plans.

We all tread softly around her, when she's in form she's great, but she's had a hard life, but that's no excuse for bad behaviour.

I don't put up with the bad behaviour, I tolerate it. I do love her and have nursed her when ill. She's just an odd person and we live around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I have a path across the garden to my parents-in-law. We live right beside them. They both come over for tea/coffee throughout the day so we see them everyday. One of them will be over any minute now!

I am very lucky that my parents-in-law are the nicest people you could meet. My father in law cuts my lawn and helps with some DIY jobs, unfortunately my job means I’m not always around to do stuff like that. My mother in law is a lady and one of the kindest souls I’ve ever known.

They’re both amazing with our kids too which is really big plus!

(Sorry OP!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

My wife and I were thrown out of her parents house one Christmas because I challenged the MIL on what I saw as unfair treatment of her granddaughter (my niece).
    We had to pack our bags and see out the holiday with the sister.

Funny thing was that no one blamed me for the incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

my mil is a sweetheart so i'm lucky. if my ma ever gave any kind of abuse, criticism or ball breaking to my missus i'd tell the ma to cop herself on in no uncertain terms. not that she ever would, she's a class act.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Did ya do it op.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Although she does things that irritate me greatly - such as inviting herself, FIL as well as my BIL & his wife to Xmas dinner, simple fact is I wouldn’t be married to her daughter if it wasn’t for her.

She convinced the wife to give me a second chance after our first date.

Inviting the BIL & SIL really bugged me though. That was a step too far. But the wife told her this after the fact so she knows not to do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

OU812 wrote: »
    Although she does things that irritate me greatly - such as inviting herself, FIL as well as my BIL & his wife to Xmas dinner, simple fact is I wouldn’t be married to her daughter if it wasn’t for her.

She convinced the wife to give me a second chance after our first date.

Inviting the BIL & SIL really bugged me though. That was a step too far. But the wife told her this after the fact so she knows not to do it again.
    What a thoughtless and rude thing to do. You can't invite people to someome elses house. Does she gave no self awareness?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭worded

My wife and I were thrown out of her parents house one Christmas because I challenged the MIL on what I saw as unfair treatment of her granddaughter (my niece).
    We had to pack our bags and see out the holiday with the sister.

Funny thing was that no one blamed me for the incident.

My god

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

My MIL doesn’t like me and I don’t like her. I did respect her for a text she sent my wife a while back which passively aggressively told me where I stood quite brilliantly:

“We love you and the kids so much. And we even love Dean.”

• Registered Users Posts: 17,418 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

hairyslug wrote: »
    I have a plan, I had originally written it just incase I'm asked to write the script of the "non serious death" in a CSI episode but it can be used for such a scenario.

You have to bring her over to Vegas, to a party preferably on the top floor on a hi rise. It has to be on a warm yet rainy evening. There you need to have an ice sculpture be delivered to the top floor by crane. As the sculpture is delivered, have a few burly workmen get distracted and walk off leaving the ice sculpture on the edge of the building. Now you need to bring the M I L down stairs and outside for a smoke, under the ice sculpture. By some freak "accident" the ice sculpture falls, squashes the M-I-L, you walk off, remaining ice melts and dilutes into the rain. You fly home minus a MIL.

What do you do if she doesn’t smoke?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

What a thoughtless and rude thing to do. You can't invite people to someome elses house. Does she gave no self awareness?

Absolutely zero self awareness. Never had. Stuff like that has never occurred to her as being rude or out of place. She has absolutely no filter for things like that.

To be honest, while it annoyed me. Its the BIL & SIL who pissed me off. They accepted her invitation without clearing it with us. They knew we weren’t aware of it until a couple of days after the fact. SIL’s parents didn’t invite them because “they don’t do things like that”.

I said they should have invited the parents to their house because they’re only married a year and a bit & the response was “What would we know about cooking Xmas dinner. We’re newlyweds”. F***ing learn you freeloaders!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

tiny timy wrote: »
    Has anyone else gotten rid of the MIL yet, or are you still going through the persecution?

Thank fcuk mine is gone in the next few hours.

Anyone else suffering?

How about instead of killing her, just be as awkward as humanly possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,950 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Grandma's get run over by reindeers, mother in laws are victims of jacknifed sleighs so I 'm told by the grieving son in laws.

Advertisement