Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manhole

Options
  • 04-10-2019 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am currently in the process of purchasing a house, there is a manhole sewer in the back garden (the manhole was originally council owned land and not private property).
    Access is provided at the rear of the property to the manhole and any extension will not change this. There was a stipulation from the 90’s that any extension should be 5 meters away from the manhole. Dun Laoghaire Rathdown have advised me to contact Irish water as the standard is 3 meters. Can someone advise on this please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Irish Water: Mairead

Hi Snoodles,

Thanks for getting in touch. We are following up on this for you and will be in touch with more information as soon as we can.

Thanks,
    Mairead

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Snoodles

Hi Snoodles,

Thanks for getting in touch. We are following up on this for you and will be in touch with more information as soon as we can.

Thanks,
    Mairead
    Hi Mairead, Did you get a response for the question. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Irish Water: Mairead

Hi Snoodles,

Apologies for the delay in response as we are following up with the relevant department to get clarity on this for you.

In the interim, we recommend you contact the Planning Department of your Local Authority who may be able to assist you further with the exact nature of the legislation and planning regulations.

Thanks,
    Mairead

Hi Snoodles,

Apologies for the delay in response as we are following up with the relevant department to get clarity on this for you.

In the interim, we recommend you contact the Planning Department of your Local Authority who may be able to assist you further with the exact nature of the legislation and planning regulations.

Thanks,
    Mairead
    Thanks Mairead. I've contact the Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Planning. They advised me that the standard is 3 metres but to contact Irish Water as they no longer look after this side of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Irish Water: Daniel V

Hi Snoodles,

Thank you for your message and getting back to us.
    Snoodles wrote: »
    Hi Snoodles,

Thanks,
    Mairead
    Thanks Mairead. I've contact the Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Planning. They advised me that the standard is 3 metres but to contact Irish Water as they no longer look after this side of it
    We're still following up with the relevant Department and as soon as we get an update, a member of our team will be in touch. Apologies for the wait.

Thanks,
    Daniel

• Advertisement

Hi Snoodles,

Thank you for your message and getting back to us.
    Snoodles wrote: »
    Hi Snoodles,

Thanks,
    Mairead
    We're still following up with the relevant Department and as soon as we get an update, a member of our team will be in touch. Apologies for the wait.

Thanks,
    Daniel
    Hi Daniel, 

Have you received a reply. 

Regards
    Stephen

• Company Representative Posts: 222 Verified rep Irish Water: Niamh

Hi Snoodles,

Apologies for the delay with responding.

Would you mind sending us a DM with more specific details of your query? A member of our team will be happy to help.

Thanks,
    Niamh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Irish Water: Daniel V

Hi Stephen,

Hope all is well.

I have received an update in relation to your query and can confirm that this can depend on the size of the sewer, depth of the sewer etc. In general, 3m either side would be required, however that may require an increase on a site specific basis. This would assume this sewer is an Irish Water asset. There are a lot of situations where there are backyard common sewers that are privately owned, serving multiple properties, which would not fall under Irish Water remit.

I recommend that you contact the estate agent to find out whether there is a Way Leave agreement attached to this property. If the sewer is an Irish Water asset, then you can PM us with the following details below and we'll be able to follow-up on this for you.

- Name;
    - Contact number; and
    - Site address.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Advertisement