Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blown cooker fuse - do I replace straight after or do I check something else?

Options
  • 21-04-2019 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Was cooking chicken in the oven for today's dinner and last 5 minutes I wanted to brown it a little bit with grill which is inside of the oven.
    After about 3 minutes I heard 'pop' and things went quiet in the oven and on the cooker.
    Further inspection revealed blown fuse on main board.
    I'm not electrician so please forgive non-tech language, house is from the eighties and board is of old type with ceramic fuses.
    As far as I can figure it out, cooker and oven are on the same dedicated circuit (nothing else died).
    Fuse is 35 amp and here is question - am I OK just to replace fuse as I have no intention for use oven's grill for foreseeable future (I want to buy new cooker and oven shortly but not now) or should I do something else before fitting new fuse?
    Asking as apart from oven's grill being at fault (can't remember if I ever use it before as I'm living here only for about a year) I wouldn't say why 35 fuse has blown.

Your opinion on the matter?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

You are ok to replace the fuse.

Sounds like old wiring if you still have fuses at your board.

Most likely rewire is required. I'd have an electrician review it, it's a concern.

Advertisement