Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gps batteries

Options
  • 11-02-2019 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi

Anyone recommend long last aa batteries rechargeable for gps. I have been using powerex for last number of years not sure if last packet i got were duds or company has changed , but they are not lasting as long as ones I had prior .

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I use Ansmann 2850 mAh batteries in my Garmin Oregon. They take a couple of charge / discharge cycles before they reach full capacity but when they do they'll last all day no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It's also important to have a good quality charger that has independent charging circuits for each battery rather than cheaper ones that charge 2 batteries in series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Jewelers

Alun wrote: »
    I use Ansmann 2850 mAh batteries in my Garmin Oregon. They take a couple of charge / discharge cycles before they reach full capacity but when they do they'll last all day no problem.

cheers Alun its an oregon I have too so will give those a try . Thanks

bedlam wrote: »
    Ikea's Ladda batteries are Panasonic Eneloops by another name. Well worth the price.

Thanks bedlam never knew they did batts look like great value . Will try the higher mah's ones Alun has suggested as unit is same as mine , thanks for the idea though .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Second Eneloops, but I'd get the black 2500 mAh ones. They seem to retain charge far longer than other rechargeables I've used.

• Advertisement

hmmm wrote: »
    Second Eneloops, but I'd get the black 2500 mAh ones. They seem to retain charge far longer than other rechargeables I've used.
    thanks

Alun wrote: »

tested them today well impressed , thanks

Advertisement