Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artificial grass

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

jomalone14 wrote:
    Yes, they did raised beds for me surrounded by stone walls around the perimeter of the back garden. I would imagine they would do a patio for you but you'd have to ask them.

Hiya, would you mind PM me the price also? I'd really appreciate a pic too as I've aimed work need around the sides also... thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

jomalone14 wrote: »
    Yes, they did raised beds for me surrounded by stone walls around the perimeter of the back garden. I would imagine they would do a patio for you but you'd have to ask them.

Thanks, my wife’s job used them for the garden and they did a great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 arrmadda86

could you please PM me as well with the cost? seems that I cannot PM first as I don't have enough posts on boards.ie, I am a reader more than a writer )))

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Loveinit

Hi could you pm me the details. I'm looking to price this project ASAP. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Loveinit wrote: »
    Hi could you pm me the details. I'm looking to price this project ASAP. Thanks in advance.

If you're looking to price a project asap then contact the company directly, the quote the OP got most likely won't be relevant to your situation.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 hp1

Thanks! That's exactly why I won't post prices/my private business on here. Every job is different so what I would post would not be directly relevant to anyone.
    However, I'm more than happy to email pics and info of my particular job on to anyone that would like to PM me.

I’d like to get info on this too. Currently shopping around. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

After doing much pricing around the cheapest place i have found for artificial grass including delivery is grass247.

The tarpaulin factory do the weed layer really cheaply and. crusher dust if required is €240 a 20 tonne load too and that will cover an area of roughly 100m2 at 100mm

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Been shopping around as we are about to move into a new build and want artificial grass.

DIY isn't really something we feel confident in doing, after looking at a good few companies we are leaning towards Easigrass - it isnt cheap though at €85 odd per sqm fully installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Keptgoing

Tefral wrote: »
    After doing much pricing around the cheapest place i have found for artificial grass including delivery is grass247.

The tarpaulin factory do the weed layer really cheaply and. crusher dust if required is €240 a 20 tonne load too and that will cover an area of roughly 100m2 at 100mm

Do grass247 deliver to Ireland? looking on their site it’s uk only

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Been shopping around as we are about to move into a new build and want artificial grass.

DIY isn't really something we feel confident in doing, after looking at a good few companies we are leaning towards Easigrass - it isnt cheap though at €85 odd per sqm fully installed.

Can you PM me if you got this done and what it cost? Pictures would also be fantastic. :)

• Advertisement

cronos wrote: »
    Can you PM me if you got this done and what it cost? Pictures would also be fantastic. :)

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭srfc d16

Hi.
    I have been speaking to the above company recently but I have not seen an example of their work outside the showroom.
    Could you PM me details of how you got on?

srfc d16 wrote: »
    Hi.
    I have been speaking to the above company recently but I have not seen an example of their work outside the showroom.
    Could you PM me details of how you got on?

Install delayed as we dont have keys yet :(

Outside of the showroom I know two people who used them and there's good product reviews based on UK website and they post photos of completed jobs on their Facebook page (the Irish version).

• Registered Users Posts: 1 frankiemol

Hi

I know it is a while back but would you mind sending on the cost too please?

Many thanks

frankiemol wrote: »
    Hi

I know it is a while back but would you mind sending on the cost too please?

Many thanks

We have a 7.5m x 7.5m back garden and it was €5,750 and that included some sleepers being installed.

Had a few problems where they just didn't pay attention to detail, would have expected better for that kind of money and given they are not some small outfit.

Was a bit disappointed at the time but we got things sorted eventually and are happy with it since - looking forward to our first full summer with it.

Note that they recently rebranded

Heard an interesting conversation on our doorbell/camera when they were fixing one of the problems. Saying the quality of grass from the then UK parent wasnt as good as it had been lol,not sure how accurate that was obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

We have a 7.5m x 7.5m back garden and it was €5,750 and that included some sleepers being installed.

Had a few problems where they just didn't pay attention to detail, would have expected better for that kind of money and given they are not some small outfit.

Was a bit disappointed at the time but we got things sorted eventually and are happy with it since - looking forward to our first full summer with it.

I was out lying on the stuff we got installed in November this morning, not sure of the make but it’s a good grade. 5.5 x 7 area, with a small granite patio maybe 2.5 x 2.5 in the corner the rest Astro. Finished the bottom that goes down onto stones that were already there (for the dog to use for toilet) with a granite kerb using small blocks that were tumbled to smooth off corners. Cost about 4.5k. Really happy with it and can’t wait for the summer to get good use of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Noddy33

Apologies for bringing up an relatively old thread but am considering installing artificial grass in back garden area of 35 square meters and am looking for feedback. I have recieved a quote that I am happy with and colleague from work used the same company for garden in their house and is happy to testify that their work is of excellent quality.

Have been thinking of installing the artificial grass the last two years and it just a disaster trying to keep the house clean when dog and people are out back during the winter wet months. Have nice double French doors off the sitting room leading on to a patio and the garden and am thinking it would make the area far nicer and user friendly!

I was just wondering does dog poop cause any damage or bad odours to the artificial? Are their any maintenance works that are needed post installation? Will the grass flood in torrential rain? Any other points of interest that I should be aware off?

Noddy33 wrote: »
    I was just wondering does dog poop cause any damage or bad odours to the artificial? Are their any maintenance works that are needed post installation? Will the grass flood in torrential rain? Any other points of interest that I should be aware off?

We don't own a dog but back when you were allowed visitors(!) when a dog was here and it shat on the artificial grass you just scoop it up and rinse down the area with water, job done. For pee, just rince down the area.

Re flooding, we have a slightly unlevelled area, they forgot to lay a drain before installing (at bottom of garden leading into a shaw). They came back, rolled up the grass and installed one - never had a problem since, before then the water just would not drain.

Love ours, handy with no dirt, no maintenance and is unbelievably warm to lie on in the sun!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

Noddy33 wrote: »
    Apologies for bringing up an relatively old thread but am considering installing artificial grass in back garden area of 35 square meters and am looking for feedback. I have recieved a quote that I am happy with and colleague from work used the same company for garden in their house and is happy to testify that their work is of excellent quality.

Have been thinking of installing the artificial grass the last two years and it just a disaster trying to keep the house clean when dog and people are out back during the winter wet months. Have nice double French doors off the sitting room leading on to a patio and the garden and am thinking it would make the area far nicer and user friendly!

How much for the 35m2?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

PM sent

Can you pm me also please? Thx in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Noddy33

kingstevii wrote: »
    How much for the 35m2?

Recieved one quote for €4,200 and in fairness the landscaper in question brought in showed me the underlayer that would be installed underneath first and then the grass and would be confident he would do a top job. I got another quote of €2,400 and know people who would testify for this mans work. Have yet to go ahead with either as feeling it hard to justify spending that kind of money when really it just for the benefit of the dog!!

Advertisement