Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Days Gone

Options

Comments

Nobody has not been saying they are not cautious about it....Where is this coming from :pac:

The comparison was a game mechanic comparison only. It's present in many a title to be clear

Benzino wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more. I always recall people at the end of previous E3's complaining about all the sequels, but then when you have a new IP coming out, people are trying to bash it before it's even released.

I'm looking forward to this one, I'm not expecting the greatest thing ever, more of a 70-80% rated game, looks like there is a lot of fun to be had with this game.

Again I think this is the majority of expectancy from anyone I have discussed the game with

I made a comparison to this type of rabbid stuff that goes on when exclusive titles get released

Big huge holabaloo when Spider-man released an image about a puddle

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Again I think this is the majority of expectancy from anyone I have discussed the game with

I made a comparison to this type of rabbid stuff that goes on when exclusive titles get released

Some youtuber put up that he was streaming last night and got a lot of dislikes. Maybe they didn't like what they saw, maybe he was **** at the game, maybe some people are out to just hate on the game hoping it fails for some bizarre reason.

I can't wait for Friday so I can play this without having to read that it COULD be brilliant or it COULD be ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Hmmm, I don't recall people showing pre-release footage of Spider man with poor shooting and combat mechanics, horrible texture pop-in and numerous glitches.

Best to be cautious rather than pimp this game based on Spider man puddles.

The exaggeration has escalated to phase 2 at this stage :pac:

• Advertisement

Free DLC kicks off in June. Not exactly DLC, just a new Survival difficulty and weekly challenges.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/04/24/days-gone-free-dlc-kicks-off-in-june/
    ‘Survival’ difficulty mode tests players by daring them to beat the story with increased difficulty settings, no fast travel or Survival Vision, and an immersive HUD that removes maps and indicators from the gameplay screen. Every tweak and change made is designed to further immerse players and ratchet up the tension to make this the definitive survival experience.

Each week beginning in June, a new Bike, Horde, or Combat challenge will be deployed to test players even further. These challenges take key gameplay features of Days Gone, and twists them in unique ways to earn additional items and rewards. We’ll give you more information on the specific challenges down the road.

Beating the Survival Difficulty and challenges won’t be in vain — players can earn new trophies and unique bike skins to show off in photo mode to prove they’re bonafide Days Gone survivors. Are you?

What are the base game difficulty settings at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,842 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The one I watched he was playing on hard and one hit nearly had him dead.

Easy, Medium, Hard. Survivor could have been added from the start but it didn't have a difficulty choice at one point so probably took them enough time to code the different settings, probably want to see how people find it before tweaking it to Survivor.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,863 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hard, normal, easy and kotaku contributor.

I actually don't know.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    The one I watched he was playing on hard and one hit nearly had him dead.

Excellent. My kind of difficulty :D

I did read that you can't change the difficulty if you start hard. No trophies linked to difficulty so strange decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,842 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thought you like easy :pac: ;)

Wait until you've a few fast freakers chasing you, you've a scrap of health, two bullets and no petrol in your bike :pac:

Also your melee weapon can break :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It took me the best part of a week to recover from playing TLOU on the hardest setting. Not the one that subsequently came with the DLC because f*** that.

I see gimli has joined the hype train...exxxxcellent

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It took me the best part of a week to recover from playing TLOU on the hardest setting. Not the one that subsequently came with the DLC because f*** that.

Survivor is quite possibly the best experience I've played on the remastered version.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I genuinely don't like harder game settings. The hardest one on the TLOU was brutal. It made it a completely different gaming experience and while ultimately it was a hugely rewarding experience the stress endured still makes me question if it was worth it.

I'm sure the DLC brought out an even more difficult setting. I think I stared into space for several minutes and then decided against it.

Survivor is quite possibly the best experience I've played on the remastered version.

I loved my Survivor playthrough. Ground, that was released as DLC, as just....not fun. I got half way through and gave up. It became a speed run which I don't find fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Pre-ordered the Special Edition a few weeks ago as I like steelbooks. Now roll-on Friday :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Some more on the infected wildlife. The crows look annoying.

• Advertisement

This is cool, Sony sent a custom controller to everyone who worked on the game.

https://twitter.com/JakeRocket/status/1121113751078326273?s=19

Aaaaaaaaaand done with any other forums about this. A guy just posted an end game spoiler on Reddit. He then said he was kidding but I'm not taking any more chances.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pre loading, 60 odd gigs.

1.04 patch released, Devs be grinding those fixes. No idea what it fixes but the reviews must all be done and waiting for 1pm Irish time to release. Hopefully the devs can give specifics.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    1.04 patch released, Devs be grinding those fixes.

Ooo great news, patch notes?
    I shall google.

I'm trying to sus out when the reviews are out today also

*Edit* Reviews are out from 1-2pm today

Ooo great news, patch notes?
    I shall google.

I'm trying to sus out when the reviews are out today also

Ninja edited my post. 1pm our time. I'm afraid to look for notes, let us know if you find any :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

First review out from Pure PlayStation

8.7/10

Summary as follows:

Days Gone is another notable addition to the PlayStation 4’s first party library. It follows the standard open world mold, but tells an intriguing story of a conflicted character and a unique survivalish-based zombie apocalypse. Gameplay is down to earth, gritty, and most of all fun while doing just enough differently to set it apart. Shame that multiple technical issues hold the game back regardless if they will be easily patched or not. But hey, I think I have an irrational fear that Freaker hordes will surround my house now.

Pros

Unique zombie apocalypse story where things aren’t as they seem
    Amazing character type and depth in the conflicted Deacon St. John
    Gameplay mixed with survival and shooting elements ensures smarts will win in the end
    Beautiful open world

Cons

Gun strafing is clunky and not an effective gameplay strategy
    Just a few too many, minor technical issues

First review out from Pure PlayStation

https://pureplaystation.com/review-days-gone-ps4/2019/04/

8.7/10

I saw someone linked to that yesterday and said it is spoiler heavy, heads up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I saw someone linked to that yesterday and said it is spoiler heavy, heads up.

I'll remove the link to be safe :)

Advertisement