Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The bleak state of Irish archaeology, and the way forward?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Archaeology in Ireland is dead and buried.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ivar the boneless

...the bleak state of archaeology... indeed

Was in Rathmore recently then found and read the thread and cant help but think the attachments may cause upset/offence to local congregation R/C and C of I as well as wider community
    Ethics folks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

...the bleak state of archaeology... indeed

Was in Rathmore recently then found and read the thread and cant help but think the attachments may cause upset/offence to local congregation R/C and C of I as well as wider community
    Ethics folks!!!

Are you sure that you're posting in the right thread? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ivar the boneless

Del Monte
    ok my bad newbee
    ok I know...one cross each,lie on the left etc.....
    Go to FAQ

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭robp

Anyone know if Charles Mount is going to continue his excellent licence issued series to track Irish archaeology?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Diggity2018

How are things looking for archeology employment at the moment? I would like to be based in galway after (if I do) the Pdh, but maybe I should be looking elsewhere? UK? Thanks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Things are considerably better since this thread was opened way back in 2016 - in development-led archaeology at any rate.
    There is a shortage of archaeologists now. Pay is still comparatively poor* and conditions are much the same, though improving slowly through union representation.

BAJR will give you an idea of how things are in the UK.

*compared to other professions requiring similar educational qualifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Diggity2018

Thanks! Are things good in the UK for employment atm, any idea??

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Aelfric

UK companies are recruiting all of the time. Worth keeping an eye on BAJR for specific adverts, if you don't already. UK and Irish jobs are posted up there

Advertisement