Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

November 2019 Babies club

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

I'm due the 18th! Saw my GP last week and I'm in for an early scan with my gynaecologist next Wednesday. Feeling very bloated, as soon as I found out I switched from jeans to jeggings, the elastic waistband is much comfier.

First pregnancy so finding the fatigue and morning sickness pretty tricky, had my first hormonal meltdown yesterday ��

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

I’m trying to stay in my normal clothes for now! The nausea is constant but I am finding eating little and often helps! Have gone deep into the planning even though I’ve tried not to! Researching prams constantly! I just can help it - I’m a prepper by nature!

Have an early scan tomorrow with the gynae I had been seeing ttc so excited and nervous all in one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Nerd Queen wrote:
    I’m trying to stay in my normal clothes for now! The nausea is constant but I am finding eating little and often helps! Have gone deep into the planning even though I’ve tried not to! Researching prams constantly! I just can help it - I’m a prepper by nature!

Nerd Queen wrote:
    Have an early scan tomorrow with the gynae I had been seeing ttc so excited and nervous all in one!

Best of luck tomorrow!I'm jealous. I have an early Scan booked too but not for 10 days and I can't relax until after that. Let us all know how it goes 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭likestosmile

Nerd Queen wrote: »
    Wow that’s a big wait for a GP! No way to get in quicker?

He imwas away for a weeks hols and didn’t want to go to temp doc. His appointments are always soo full and hard to get into but brilliant doctor.

Best of luck with gyny tomorrow. Let us know how it goes and what we should expect.

NicsM wrote: »

First pregnancy so finding the fatigue and morning sickness pretty tricky, had my first hormonal meltdown yesterday ��

Ha! Please do share the hormonal melt down situation and make us all feel normal. I told a man at work he was invading my personal space when he got too close... :-) early pregnancy paranoia is real! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭cnlbel

Decided to change my gp app to earky next week. Dont know what I thought I was doing waiting till 18th April. Constantly feeling slightly hungover and severely bloated. The bloating is the worst!

Scan went great - all on track dates wise etc! Really put my mind at ease! Getting another one in 2 weeks with my original gynae again which is great! Then we’ll only have 3 weeks to wait to the rotunda first scan! All so exciting! It’s made it really feel real now!

Nerd Queen wrote:
    Scan went great - all on track dates wise etc! Really put my mind at ease! Getting another one in 2 weeks with my original gynae again which is great! Then we’ll only have 3 weeks to wait to the rotunda first scan! All so exciting! It’s made it really feel real now!

Congratulations. That is brilliant news! Were you able to get heartbeat or is it too early for that yet? Is your due date the same as what you had thought?

closifer wrote: »
    Congratulations. That is brilliant news! Were you able to get heartbeat or is it too early for that yet? Is your due date the same as what you had thought?

We were shown the heartbeat flickering away on the screen but we didn’t get to hear it. It was a vaginal ultrasound though so not sure if there was sound capability! Due is in and around the same - the baby was dated at 6+5 but I was told that’s not far off my dates of 7 so keep to that!

• Advertisement

Fantastic. Delighted everything went well for ye. It really does feel like it’s not real yet. I’m sure very emotional in a great way.

Fantastic. Delighted everything went well for ye. It really does feel like it’s not real yet. I’m sure very emotional in a great way.

Thanks very much! Ye it really felt so real after it! Especially for the hubby! Nausea though all day today - eating little and often helps but I just feel off kilter constantly!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

I think for very early scans it's usually internal, my first pregnancy scan privately was internal and I think I was only 7 weeks, 2nd private scan on second pregnancy I was 8 weeks or a little over and that wasn't internal. Booked private scan for the 16th and I'll be 8+3.

Anyone recommend a place in Dublin for an early scan?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

cnlbel wrote: »

I've always used ultrasound dimensions in blackrock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

cnlbel wrote:

Ultrascan in Ballymount

• Advertisement

Ha! Please do share the hormonal melt down situation and make us all feel normal. I told a man at work he was invading my personal space when he got too close... :-) early pregnancy paranoia is real! :-)

Haha mine was to do with work too! I was so overwhelmed by all the different smells, I'm finding it really stressful and am tempted to bring in a mini fan for my desk. I came home from work all upset and got straight into my pyjamas then got even more upset because I felt I'd never be "cool" or "fun" again :confused:

NicsM wrote: »
    Haha mine was to do with work too! I was so overwhelmed by all the different smells, I'm finding it really stressful and am tempted to bring in a mini fan for my desk. I came home from work all upset and got straight into my pyjamas then got even more upset because I felt I'd never be "cool" or "fun" again :confused:

All weekend I've been feeling v uncool. It's a horrible feeling. Treated myself to a nice brunch and face mask and felt a lot better after!!!

I wish I could treat myself to nice food! The nausea and constantly changing food aversions are real! Super tired in work too so paronoid i’ll slip up while trying to plausibly explain why I look like I’m about to drop at 3 in the afternoon haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 misslambchop

Ok so I've finally decided to make a username and say hello to all you after creepily following this thread daily for the last 2 weeks since I found out!
    By my dates I'm due November 29th ish so could easily turn into a December baby!
    Was into my GP on Friday and am waiting for the appointment from OLOL for my first scan :)
    This bloat is like nothing I've ever felt before, I'm pretty sure I look about 5 months gone but its 100% bloat

Ok so I've finally decided to make a username and say hello to all you after creepily following this thread daily for the last 2 weeks since I found out! By my dates I'm due November 29th ish so could easily turn into a December baby! Was into my GP on Friday and am waiting for the appointment from OLOL for my first scan This bloat is like nothing I've ever felt before, I'm pretty sure I look about 5 months gone but its 100% bloat

Welcome to the thread! I feel your pain with the bloating. I'm due in for an 8 week scan next Monday and I'm wondering if it's at all possible that the doc will tell me that my dates are all messed up and I'm further gone than I thought because I am huge! I also don't have the 'cant eat' issue that others have. In fact I just want to eat carbs all the time. I've gone off all the food and drink I used to eat regularly. Can't stomach green tea or coffee. Salad is grossing me out and all I want is toasted sandwiches ,scrambled egg on toast and Mikado biscuits!! So between the bloat and the actual fat from me eating crap I feel like a beached whale already!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭SmallgirlBigcity

It makes me feel better to hear other people have started feeling 'uncool'. I thought it was just me. Myself and the other half used to go out a lot, mainly to gigs. We had a busy social life so it's been strange slowing down. We're still going out and going to gigs but it's a different experience definitely. I'm doing okay with it but it's certainly an adjustment.

I'm 10 weeks today and starting to see a bump, I feel huge! It's getting harder to hide in work. All I wear now is baggy tops. Is anyone else finding the wait for the 12 week scan taking ages? It can't come soon enough!

Not sure I'd ever class myself as cool to begin with lol. But ye staying at home cocooned is so much more appealing lately. Is anyone else thinking about doing the Harmony or Panorama tests? I have to ring separately to book them so trying to figure it all out.

ha ha, yeah I wasn't that cool beforehand actually! What are the harmony and panorama tests?

Nerd Queen wrote:
    Not sure I'd ever class myself as cool to begin with lol. But ye staying at home cocooned is so much more appealing lately. Is anyone else thinking about doing the Harmony or Panorama tests? I have to ring separately to book them so trying to figure it all out.

I would love to do the harmony test but can't really justify the cost especially given that we are going private so I don't think so.

I looked it up. I'm booked in for the non-invasive blood test next week. It costs 450 euro. It's very expensive but I thought it would be best to have everything checked so I have all the information. Nobody recommended it for me but I think consultants will recommend the test if you're in a high risk category. I think that means over 35 years old and a family history. I could be wrong though.

Ye i looked it up myself. I am probably going to book in asap myself alright. I think it just adds to my piece of mind! Added little bonus of early gender reveal too before we head state side on hols so the shopping can begin hopefully lol. You also get a dating scan with it so seems a good bonus.

I would love to do the harmony test but can't really justify the cost especially given that we are going private so I don't think so.

What is the difference between going private than public?. Do you get extra check up or test ? I’ve private health insurance but must check if it cover pregnancy.

What is the difference between going private than public?. Do you get extra check up or test ? I’ve private health insurance but must check if it cover pregnancy.

You go to a private consultant who you have chosen rather than the maternity for your visits. I think there are more visits and you get a scan at each appointment. Plus I guess there is the continuity of care from the same person who knows your history etc. In theory this consultant delivers your baby also but obviously that doesn't always happen!! We went public last time and I had no issues but this time round i was seeing this gynae anyway for various issues so it seemed logical to stick with her and go private.

Cost wise she charges 3k. My healthcare policy will pay 400 back and I can claim twenty per cent of the rest next year via tax relief. My policy will also cover the hospital side of things for the delivery.

Panorama test (can be done from 9 weeks as opposed to Harmonys 10) booked in the RCSI clinic in the rotunda. €430 including a dating scan. Now to see will Vhi cover any of it. Worst case at least i'll get tax back on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Pistachio123

I’m anxiously awaiting a scan in just over a week. I’ll be just over 8 weeks by my calculations. I have a such a fear that they won’t see anything on the ultrasound. I have had a recent miscarriage so this isn’t helping the anxiety! Symptoms wise, I have the opposite of morning sickness, eating everything around me!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Poppy19

Waiting on my early scan too! Time just seems to be dragging. Anxious about the scan also. This will be baby 2 and the pregnancy so far has been so different to the first! On my first I literally ate and then vomited! On this one I’m constantly craving carbs/junk food, was a bit nausea in the mornings up to Monday but that seems to be gone now. The tiredness is unbelievable... once 8/8.30 comes I’m ready for bed. Then I wake in the middle of the night and can’t get back to sleep for hours! Bit early in the pregnancy for insomnia!! Roll on next Thursday and I get peace of mind with the scan fingers crossed!

Oh I echo what both of ye are saying. I have a scan on Monday and I am a ball of anxiety. We had been trying for two years and if I'm honest I had really given up all hope so I just can't believe it's all real til I see a heartbeat. I think my doctor was worried I was a miscarriage risk as well so I'm on progesterone which isn't helping with symptoms. Pretty sure it's exaggerating all the usual tiredness and sore boobs and bloated belly stuff.

I am with you on the eating. I literally can't get enough carbs. It's insane and it's so different to the way I used to eat so I'm sure everyone in work is on to me! I'm also shattered. Can't focus in work as I'm in a daze. In bed at half 8 and then awake like a a shot for hours at 4am. It's so frustrating!!

Oh I echo what both of ye are saying. I have a scan on Monday and I am a ball of anxiety. We had been trying for two years and if I'm honest I had really given up all hope so I just can't believe it's all real til I see a heartbeat. I think my doctor was worried I was a miscarriage risk as well so I'm on progesterone which isn't helping with symptoms. Pretty sure it's exaggerating all the usual tiredness and sore boobs and bloated belly stuff.

I am with you on the eating. I literally can't get enough carbs. It's insane and it's so different to the way I used to eat so I'm sure everyone in work is on to me! I'm also shattered. Can't focus in work as I'm in a daze. In bed at half 8 and then awake like a a shot for hours at 4am. It's so frustrating!!

I hear ye ladies, eating all round me. Eating is the only thing that helps with nausea but then feel floored after eating. Plus getting absolutely no satisfaction from food. Taste buds seem to be broken😳

Wishing all of you the best with your early scans. Roll on 12 weeks. I’d forgotten how long and difficult the first trimester is.

The pregnancy insomnia is defo a killer! I’ve forgotten what it’s like to sleep through the night! And yes I agree that food genuinely doesn’t seem to taste nice at the moment no matter what it is! Hoping it passes soon! I have the option of 2 scans within 5 days of each other next Thursday and the following tues trying to debate will I do both or not!!

Girls, I had an appt with my GP last Friday (the 5th) where she just did another pregnancy test then did up the referral paperwork for the hospital. I'm going public in OLOL in Drogheda- anyone know the approximate time frame for receiving a letter after your GP has referred you? I know it's only been a week but I can't help but be a little impatient :D

I’m in Letterkenny and I was told I should hear from the hospital within 2 weeks. No word yet though and it’ll be 2 weeks on Tuesday. So impatient!!

I’m in Letterkenny and I was told I should hear from the hospital within 2 weeks. No word yet though and it’ll be 2 weeks on Tuesday. So impatient!!

Got my letter this morning! Scan booked for May 20th, so I'll be 12 weeks and a few days :)
    Just trying to decide when to tell family and such now.. this is unchartered territory for us with it being our first so I'm oddly very nervous to tell people

Had my scan today! So relieved. Barely slept with the pre scan anxiety for days. My dates were almost spot on. Edd of Nov 22nd...8 wks 3 days today. Abdominal scan showed strong heart beat and all looking good. I feel like I can finally relax and enjoy this now!!

• Advertisement

Delighted everything went well closifer! Can't wait now til my next scan next week with my bloods!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Had a private scan yesterday in GPs. Measuring correctly for 9wks1day and strong heartbeat. We couldn't hear it, just see the flickering on the screen. I'm so relieved.

Nausea is gone mostly but my appetite is still weird, I'm hungry but nothing appeals to me and my taste buds are gone on strike! Struggling to even get enough water into me.

We had our first appointment with gp today at nearly 9 weeks. Took bloods, urine sample, pregnancy test. Gave us referral letter for private ultrasound as we would be waiting 6weeks for public ultrasound. Would be 15weeks by then so that’s not a runner.
    Anyone have any experience with Tralee/Limerick/Cork hospitals in relation to maternity care?

We had our first appointment with gp today at nearly 9 weeks. Took bloods, urine sample, pregnancy test. Gave us referral letter for private ultrasound as we would be waiting 6weeks for public ultrasound. Would be 15weeks by then so that’s not a runner. Anyone have any experience with Tralee/Limerick/Cork hospitals in relation to maternity care?

I went public in limerick Last time and attended the midwives clinic.No complaints

Really struggling to get enough water in. The only thing keping my nausea at bay is sipping coke. But trying to drink water just makes me feel worse. Still nauseous enough but managing to eat a bit more thank god.

Really struggling to get enough water in. The only thing keping my nausea at bay is sipping coke. But trying to drink water just makes me feel worse. Still nauseous enough but managing to eat a bit more thank god.

You poor thing! Would you maybe try sparkling water? Or the Tesco fruity sparkling waters? I've been loving them the last few weeks. I do find I need a fizzy drink to help me burp and feel less pukey.

Oddly enough my nausea has calmed down a lot this week.... I'm 9 weeks today. Has anyone else found this?

We had our early scan last week! Saw the heartbeat and it was really lovely. Felt very relieved and reassured. Next scan with maternity hospital is mid May so feeling ok about it.

I'm finding my belly is starting to stretch, I genuinely think my bump will appear early :eek: The round ligament pains are awful at times, find them really upsetting for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

They do come back :-) i found on my third, it was like my mouth suddenly came to life again around 14 weeks!!

This is the first Easter where I haven’t wanted to eat chocolate for breakfast and don’t care about it at all! It’s a sad day! Really hope my taste buds come back soon! I seem to be having constant aversions & nausea but no real cravings yet!

The constant waking at night and tiredness plus the round ligament pains are also super fun!

Hope everyone else is getting on better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm 11+3 today and I'm gradually getting my appetite back, thank God the nausea seems to be getting less. But still in no mood for Easter eggs!
    I have my scan in the Coombe at 13 weeks on the dot so looking forward to that!
    My jeans and work trousers feel so tight on me the last few weeks that I haven't been able to close the button, so I've had to make sure I'm wearing a long enough top to cover it every day! Anyone else finding the same? I'm really surprised as I was sure you don't put on weight until 2nd trimester.....

Hi ladies hope everyone is doing well! I actually really enjoy popping by here to see how everyone is doing ☺️
    I have to say tho, I’m 8w3d and I honestly forget sometimes that I’m pregnant at all. I feel great (I know some of you probably wish you felt like that) and it sometimes worries me because I feel like I should be having more symptoms. Anyone else feeling like this? I do feel much more tired doing normal everyday things, but other than that- nil.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Poppy19

I’m 8w2d. Had awful nausea up to two weeks ago. Had a private scan on Thursday. So it turns out I was carrying twins but one never developer&stopped growing after 6 weeks. It explains why the nausea went away. But like you I’m now feeling fine no symptoms (which is a little worrying) on my 1st child I was sick for approx 38 weeks. This is very strange and my appetite is ridiculous so much so my father in law commented that over the weekend I devoted my dinner for two days in a row(normally I’d struggle to eat 3/4 of the dinner). Have an early scan this Thurs at the hospital that’s the earliest they could give me a scan cos of the bank holiday. I had a bleed last week-presuming now that’s from the miscarried baby.All going well the other baby will still be healthy and a viable pregnancy. From reading up on it 30% of pregnancies started off as twins but majority don’t pick up on as they don’t have scans u til 12 weeks. Got an awful fright with the bleed and upset to hear one baby didn’t develop but hopefully all will be good with the healthy baby.

• Advertisement
Advertisement