Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glass upgrade

Options
  • 21-04-2019 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

Have an old farmhouse with 1990s dbl glazing, which is now past it. Looking to replace the glass only, the frames are fine. Had energlaze call last week, quoted e5000, mad. Theres 14 winfows to be done...what do you recomnend? We,re not toofussy about having the last wird in efficiency ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

No replies?Should this post be in a different section?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

350 per window
    there wont be a lot of price difference in glazing options
    labour is labour

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭Alkers

In general does it make economic sense to replace glazing of that age? Are the frames normally still efficient and sound proof relative to new frames?

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

Simona1986 wrote: »
    In general does it make economic sense to replace glazing of that age? Are the frames normally still efficient and sound proof relative to new frames?
    I dunno, frames are sound, not concerned about soundproofing, seems a shame to tear them out when they look and perform adequately.
    We got a price for replacements (entire incl frame), its only marginally dearer!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

oldsmokey wrote: »
    Have an old farmhouse with 1990s dbl glazing, which is now past it. Looking to replace the glass only, the frames are fine. Had energlaze call last week, quoted e5000, mad. Theres 14 winfows to be done...what do you recomnend? We,re not toofussy about having the last wird in efficiency ta

Had Energlaze quote me 6,500 to replace 6 windows and a patio door (U value of 0.36 iirc) so if your quote was the same U-value then 14 windows for 5,000 seems cheap in comparison.

• Advertisement
Advertisement