Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netflix Recommendations 2.0 *READ FIRST POST*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Dunno if it's been mentioned but I gave Toast of London a go and it's really funny. I always thought the boss from IT crowd was one of the best characters and it's the same actor who plays the lead here and he's equally silly in this role, I think he also writes the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Toast is great, I love his voice over sessions with Clem Fandango.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Hurrache wrote: »

Omg that's my favorite too!

Yes, I can hear you Clem Fandango.

I dont even know why it's so funny it's just the way they keep bringing it back and his name is so ridiculous.

Weird that it was on for 3 seasons and I never once caught even part of an episode. Tbh I think some of the best stuff on Netflix is the shows they pick up that have already ran but were overlooked. I find a lot of the Netflix originals really uninspired and like as if they were just written based on some millenial focus group.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭postsnthing

Hurrache wrote:

Yes, I can hear you Clem Fandango.

That is all I could think watching him in Star Trek discovery ! Just couldn't take Voq seriously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I really think Our Planet is scripted with trained animals, the behaviour of the wildlife is absolutely amazing to look at

And deliberately deceptive climate change propaganda. Just remember to consume any of their documentaries with an open mind. :cool::pac:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,554 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Dades wrote: »
    25 years on, and that T-Rex scene has yet to be beaten in 'monster action'.

Not just the CGI (and animatronics) but the direction, setting, sound... everything. :)

Watched it a few months ago myself. It still holds up extremely well. Still one of Spielberg's best, I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,554 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

No amount of second unit directors and render farms could match this.

giphy.gif

Always liked the way that scene mirrored the slow tick tick sound of Quint's fishing rod as the line was getting drawn out.

CxHGZRsUcAA3h4P.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Hurrache wrote: »

I still can’t say why I find this so funny but I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭cusser

mcgucc22 wrote: »
    Documentary?
    Drama based on real story. Great acting and attention to factual detail.
    The Objective narrative does not alleviate the horrific nature of the crime. Truth is truth... but certainly it is not an easily rectifiable situation in India imo...until the old caste system and traditional attitudes towards women, esp in the uneducated and poverty stricken areas, is eliminated. May take centuries. Throwing money towards encouraging women to report sexual crimes, and increased police presence 'aint gonna solve it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Lunatics Season 1(Chris Lilley)
    This mockumentary series follows the peculiar lives of six eccentric -- and sometimes obscene -- misfits who march to their own beat..

The Ruthless
    A rebellious teen grows up to become one of Milan's most ambitious criminals during the golden years of the 'ndrangheta Mafia in the 1980s.

Rilakkuma and Kaoru
    Rilakkuma and Kaoru is the story of a soft toy bear and his human roommate Kaoru, and the short but sweet time they spend together.

Siberia
    A black market diamond dealer travels to the Siberian tundra looking for his missing partner but finds a fight for his life instead.

Someone Great
    Aspiring music journalist Jenny (Gina Rodriguez) has just landed her dream job at an iconic magazine and is about to move to San Francisco. Rather than do long distance, her boyfriend of nine years (Lakeith Stanfield) decides to call it quits. To nurse her broken heart, Jenny gathers up her two best friends Erin (DeWanda Wise) and Blair (Brittany Snow) for one outrageous last adventure in New York City. From writer/director Jennifer Kaytin Robinson (creator of MTV’s Sweet/Vicious) SOMEONE GREAT is a hilarious and heartfelt story of friendship, love, and what it means to let go of your twenties and enter adulthood.

A Fortunate Man
    A gifted engineer flees his austere roots to pursue wealth and success among Copenhagen’s elite, but the pride propelling him threatens to be his ruin.

Brené Brown: The Call to Courage
    With humor and empathy, Brené Brown discusses what it takes to choose courage over comfort in a culture defined by scarcity, fear and uncertaint

Music Teacher
    Burned by his past, an emotionally troubled, small-town music teacher risks everything he has to reconnect with a now-famous former student.

Brené Brown: The Call to Courage
    Best-selling author Brené Brown discusses what it takes to choose courage over comfort in a culture defined by scarcity, fear and uncertainty.

Samantha!: Season 2
    Samantha tries to forget her childish antics and become a better actress and parent, but her mother-in-law and ex-bandmates don’t make it easy for her

added today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

el diablo wrote: »
    And deliberately deceptive climate change propaganda. Just remember to consume any of their documentaries with an open mind. :cool::pac:

Are you seriously accusing of David Attenburagh of lying about climate change?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

giphy.gif

Your right, clear water is an aboloute bitch to render :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭tigger123

megaten wrote: »

Open your mind Sheeple!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Finished Bodyguard last night and found it very enjoyable except for the last episode, in the which the storyline went off a cliff.

I'm fan of Richard Madden (and his many, many talents :D), but found his character rather whiney and annoying at times in the last episode.
    I think the after the murder of the Home Secretary, the last 3 episodes weren't nearly as good as the preceding 3...... I felt their relationship could have been expanded on a bit more. Madden and Hawes had great chemistry on screen, plot went a bit wayward following her departure

Anyways, it was definitely enjoyable, just came to a bit of a silly conclusion.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,399 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Finished Bodyguard last night and found it very enjoyable except for the last episode, in the which the storyline went off a cliff.

I'm fan of Richard Madden (and his many, many talents :D), but found his character rather whiney and annoying at times in the last episode.
    I think the after the murder of the Home Secretary, the last 3 episodes weren't nearly as good as the preceding 3...... I felt their relationship could have been expanded on a bit more. Madden and Hawes had great chemistry on screen, plot went a bit wayward following her departure

Anyways, it was definitely enjoyable, just came to a bit of a silly conclusion.

I was convinced
    she wasn't dead at all for a good while after

Very enjoyable show, real edge of the seat stuff but yeah also extremely silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

megaten wrote: »

Nope, he doesn't write the script. But they're clearly trying to steer the narrative in a certain direction even it it means deceiving the general public. National Geographic used the same tactics a few years back with their starving polar bear in northern Canada BS. :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

giphy.gif

I’m just rewatching it again now and just at this scene now... :)
    Probably about my 20/25 times to watch Jurassic Park.. love it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,318 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I watched a really excellent little indie film called Hearts Beat Loud really recommend it.

Nick Offerman excellent as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I was convinced
    she wasn't dead at all for a good while after

Very enjoyable show, real edge of the seat stuff but yeah also extremely silly.
    It had me hooked but like you guys said the ending was weak.

• Advertisement

Grass Is Greener
    It lit up jazz and hip-hop -- and ignited a war on drugs steeped in racial injustice. Experts explore America's complicated relationship with weed

Added today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

el diablo wrote: »
    Nope, he doesn't write the script. But they're clearly trying to steer the narrative in a certain direction even it it means deceiving the general public. National Geographic used the same tactics a few years back with their starving polar bear in northern Canada BS. :rolleyes:

Apologies to all because I know this is not the place,but I am genuinely curious to know how you believe the shows creators are out " to deceive the general public" .

The perfect date was pure ****e.
    I wasn’t expecting Inception or anything but still it was garbage

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭norabattie

The perfect date was pure ****e.
    I wasn’t expecting Inception or anything but still it was garbage

Aww I thought it was fun and a great way to pass away a couple of hours. It's your typical teenager'y type of movie- don't expect too much from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,017 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Life's too short for bad films/TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Currently watching Top of the Lake China Girl .... didn’t think it could be as good as first one but I think it is equally as good if not better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Lisha wrote: »
    Currently watching Top of the Lake China Girl .... didn’t think it could be as good as first one but I think it is equally as good if not better.

Not really a fan of Nicole Kidman, but I thought she was great in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Not really a fan of Nicole Kidman, but I thought she was great in it.

Isn’t she just great. I’m also enjoying Pyke, played by the father from The Cry.

Elisabeth Moss is excellent too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,399 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Lisha wrote: »

Thought it was a massive step down in quality from season 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Thought it was a massive step down in quality from season 1.

Same, the loss of the setting and the weirdness that came with it was a huge hit on the quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭lucalux

Hi can I just confirm with you guys that you are watching Top Of The Lake on the Irish Library?

Not showing up on mine, neither season !
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Both seasons are on mine.

Irish netflix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭lucalux

Thanks for the reply, can't figure it out. I had been using a VPN so maybe that had something to do with it. Will give it a go later.

Adrift
    A young couple's sailing adventure becomes a fight to survive when their yacht faces a catastrophic hurricane in this story based on true events

Down a Dark Hall
    A troubled teenage girl is sent to an exclusive boarding school where the students' extraordinary abilities come with a supernatural cost
    Added today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,814 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Watched Detroit over the weekend , thought it was a really good flick ,

coming in may , i'll have a better list in a couple of days

New Episodes Weekly
    American Idol (Season 1- Tuesdays)
    Jane the Virgin (Season 5 – Thursdays)
    Men on a Mission (Season 1 – Tuesdays)
    Possessed (Season 1 – Wednesdays)
    Riverdale (Season 3 – Thursdays)
    Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments (Season 3 – Tuesdays)

May 1st
    Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle (2003)
    Dark Shadows (2012)
    Inspector Gadget (Season 3) Netflix Original Series
    The Great Gatsby (2013)
    Friends with Benefits (2011)
    Kia and Cosmos (2018)
    Knock Down the House (2019) Netflix Original Documentary
    Manifik 2 (2019) Netflix Original Foreign Movie
    Snowpiercer (2013)

May 2nd
    Norman: The Moderate Rise and Tragic Fall of a New York Fixer (2016)

May 3rd
    Alles ist gut (2019) Netflix Original Foreign Series
    All In My Family (2019) Netflix Original Foreign Movie
    Cupcake & Dino – General Services (Season 2) Netflix Original Kids Series
    Dead to Me (Season 1) Netflix Original Series
    Despite Everything (2019) Netflix Original Movie
    The Last Summer (2019) Netflix Original Series
    Flinch (Season 1) Netflix Original Reality Series
    Jo Pil-ho: The Dawning Rage
    Undercover (Season 1) Netflix Original Belgium Series
    True and the Rainbow Kingdom (Season 3) Netflix Original Kids Series
    Tuca & Bertie (Season 1) Netflix Original Animated Series

May 5th
    People Just Do Nothing (Season 4)

May 8th
    Lucifer (Season 4) Netflix Original Series

May 10th
    Easy (Season 3) Netflix Original Series
    Harvey Street Kids (Season 2) Netflix Original Kids Series
    The Society (Season 1) Netflix Original Series
    Wine Country (2019) Netflix Original Movie

May 13th
    Malibu Rescue (2019) Netflix Original Movie

May 14th
    Still Laugh-in: The Stars Celebrate (2019) Netflix Original Stand-up Special

May 17th
    It’s Bruno (Season 1) Netflix Original Comedy Series
    The Rain (Season 2) Netflix Original Danish Series
    Saverio Raimondo: Il Satiro Parlante (2019) Netflix Original Stand-up Special
    See You Yesterday (2019) Netflix Original Movie

May 21st
    Wanda Sykes: Not Normal (2019) Netflix Original Stand-up Special

May 24th
    High Seas (Season 1) Netflix Original Spanish Series
    She’s Gotta Have It (Season 2) Netflix Original Series
    The Perfection (2019) Netflix Original Movie

May 30th
    The Last Kids on Earth (Season 1) Netflix Original Series

May 31st
    How to Sell Drugs Online (Fast) (Season 1) Netflix Original Series
    When They See Us (Limited Series) Netflix Original

Also scheduled for May
    Terrace House: Tokyo 2019-2020
    Rim of the World

Time travel movie produced by spike Lee coming may 17th

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I wonder if Netflix will have seasons 1-3 of Lucifer as well as S4 - it'd be pretty silly not to have them, but now that Fox is owned by the Mousehouse I could see them being...unhelpful, let's say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,893 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Amazon have the rights to seasons 1-3 here anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Fysh wrote: »
    I wonder if Netflix will have seasons 1-3 of Lucifer as well as S4 - it'd be pretty silly not to have them, but now that Fox is owned by the Mousehouse I could see them being...unhelpful, let's say.

All 4 seasons are there at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭shauna17

any good series to watch that would be set around same idea of 'Line Of Duty' or anything to do with emergency rescue ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

shauna17 wrote: »
    any good series to watch that would be set around same idea of 'Line Of Duty' or anything to do with emergency rescue ?

Collateral isn't bad. In the dark and Happy Valleys are ok.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

adox wrote: »
    All 4 seasons are there at the moment.
    Nothing on either my Netflix account or Prime.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

ixoy wrote: »
    Nothing on either my Netflix account or Prime.

All I can see is a placeholder saying "Season 4 coming in May". Which, well....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,318 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Nalz wrote: »
    I think that is harsh on happy valley....it is fantastic imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Nalz wrote: »
    Collateral started out well, but doesn't finish on such a high.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,733 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Burial of Kojo is an intriguing film from Ghana, for those in search of something unusual and interesting. It’s a pretty visually splendid film, full of clever framing and fetching dream-like images. The pacing is a touch uneven at times, and certain aspects don’t entirely work. But it pulls together surprisingly well at the end, with a conclusion that ties everything up in a satisfying, thoughtful and melancholic way. An accomplished debut film, and one that hopefully won’t get lost in the algorithms.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

gmisk wrote: »
    I think that is harsh on happy valley....it is fantastic imo
    'Happy Valley' is excellent - great drama and some superb acting. Okay is vastly underselling it - now a bunch of us hopefully haven't oversold it!

BONDING season 1
    A New York City grad student moonlighting as a dominatrix enlists her gay BFF from high school to be her assistant.

added today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Watched 'Highwaymen' last night. Enjoyed it for what it was. A bit of an ego rub for Costner, and Harrelson playing a slightly hobo-ish loveable rogue with a slight booze problem.

(Surprise surprise)

All in all,a good midweek 2 hour filler.

I must say,it was beautifully filmed. Really great scenery.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement