Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avengers: Endgame [** SPOILERS FROM POST 613 **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

:pac:

Just curious who turns up at midnight showings is all. Only hardcore fans I assume which is a good thing.....but it's just a time I can't comprehend. Happy to go the following morning first thing where there's no bull**** like queues or obnoxiousness amongst the audience.

There is another risk to going to midnight showings too. Spoilers. You will get people who purposefully show up and shout "Snape kills Dumbledore!" type stuff. Even if its not true and completely made up, you will spend half the movie waiting for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

:pac:

Just curious who turns up at midnight showings is all. Only hardcore fans I assume which is a good thing.....but it's just a time I can't comprehend. Happy to go the following morning first thing where there's no bull**** like queues or obnoxiousness amongst the audience.

I’ve gone to midnight shows and have had a mixed bag. I love going to near empty cinemas for movies I want to see.

That said I was worried that since school children are off this week that the morning shows might be packed with them. Also a friend is going to a midnight show and I said feck it and decided to book.

I’ve got a double bill ticket and a spare cause I thought a different friend would come. I don’t care, I seldom do these things any many people do more damage on a night out (I don’t drink) then I will do staying up until 3 watching a movie.

Generally the late night crowds are pretty good. You get one or two twats but that’s hard to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

In my home town those that go to midnight showings tend to be a few local oddballs that go for bragging rights and to be first of their little circle to get it up on their facebook page, that feck all read, and go on about it in work but won't spoil it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Drumpot wrote: »

That said I was worried that since school children are off this week that the morning shows might be packed with them. Also a friend is going to a midnight show and I said feck it and decided to book.
    Ah balls, I forgot about that, going to midday showing Thursday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Ah balls, I forgot about that, going to midday showing Thursday :(

Booked in for 8am to avoid the kids... teenagers still asleep and even parents would not bring young kids at 8am... I hope :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I can't imagine going at 8am. That early just doesn't seem right, especially coming out and the whole day is still there!

It's Saturday at 1pm for me, because of work for me and the wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

It had its red carpet premier last night in LA and a few of the big Marvel Twitter ITK's have seen it.

2 of them that I follow havent spoiled anything but have said its a roller coaster, one of them said he cried a few times throughout the film and it was a great end to the decade of Marvel films during that phase.

There might be spoilers around though with people who have seen it so its definitely something to be aware of in the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Im sorry lads. Its been a blast but i cant risk someone going rogue in here and me reading it before a mod gets to it. Gonna have to start ignoring ye :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭paulbok

I can't imagine going at 8am. That early just doesn't seem right, especially coming out and the whole day is still there!

It's Saturday at 1pm for me, because of work for me and the wife.

I get you, it's weird coming out of a cinema in daylight, like coming out of a pub blitzed into bright sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭paulbok

Pter wrote: »
    Im sorry lads. Its been a blast but i cant risk someone going rogue in here and me reading it before a mod gets to it. Gonna have to start ignoring ye :D

Ditto, see you all on the other side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Just out (press screening)
    Wow. Just wow

doubledown wrote: »
    Wow. Just wow

Can you confirm if theres any mid or post credit scenes?

Theres apparently none but that could be because after the premier last night they cast spoke a few words.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Can you confirm if theres any mid or post credit scenes?

Theres apparently none but that could be because after the premier last night they cast spoke a few words.

There are neither

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Reviews are coming out now. Be very careful, I read a blurb on Metacritic that gave away a major plot point. Just avoid everything until you can see it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Falthyron wrote: »
    Reviews are coming out now. Be very careful, I read a blurb on Metacritic that gave away a major plot point. Just avoid everything until you can see it.

We are in the Endgame now folks. Time to unfollow thread and try to avoid the internet for the next 48 hours. Be care on Instagram folks there’s an artist who’s promoting a portrait of an important scene from the end of the movie. I’ve luckily avoided it so far but I’ve seen others have been burnt by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Thanks for the heads up guys! No more internet for me so until Thursday. Reviews look very positive from what I've seen. I don't like going in with such big expectations though but I'm sure they'll be exceeded!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

96% rotten tomatoes score.

All aboard the hype train!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Spoiler free Guardian review up. 5 stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Counting down to midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,012 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Avengers daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! (kinda, effectively)

1 more nap til endgame!

• Advertisement

Little under 36 hours until I see it, nearly a decade of Marvel leading up to this.

Cant wait TBH.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Heading for the midnight showing tonight, nervous and excited. Is it just me who feels almost a little bit sad this is ending? Like I know Marvel films will continue, but it feels like a long running TV show finishing at last.

I CANT WAITTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Work is gonna suffer today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

14.5 hours....
    Going to see Infinity War beforehand too, just to warm up

• Registered Users Posts: 16,474 ✭✭✭✭banie01

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    14.5 hours....
    Going to see Infinity War beforehand too, just to warm up

Same!
    Double feature tonight with the kid and my baby brother.
    Looking forward to the end of this arc, but honestly on emotional tenterhooks! :pac:

Thats some marathon for an adult, nevermind a kid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,474 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Pter wrote: »
    Thats some marathon for an adult, nevermind a kid :D

I say kid...
    He's 15, still if tonight pans out to be the emotional rollercoaster I expect it will probably be the last time he comes to the cinema with me ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Guys & Gals enjoy the late night/early morning viewing's!!
    I shall unfollow this thread for risk of a spoiler, but I hope everyone enjoys this and the hype train doesn't somehow crash along the way.

I will be back Friday night!
    Until then good luck and good bye!

If anyone reading this is available at noon on Friday and hasnt gotten tickets yet, i have two iSense tickets for the Odeon at the Point going for free to a good home.

I had them for myself and a friend, but friend bailed, so im going tonight instead.

First come first served!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Wait tonight? I thought it wasnt till 29th?

Advertisement