Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

98 Octane petrol around Cork City/Carrigaline direction

Options
  • 20-04-2019 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone from around Cork or Carrigaline knows where I can get 98 octane petrol, I tried a few petrol stations around Carrigaline/Douglas/Cork City but I wasn't able to find it anywhere... maybe someone who lives in the area longer than me would be able to help. Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭teediddlyeye

Just 95 available in the republic unfortunately. no 98 anywhere that I'm aware of, NI only.

"I never thought I was normal, never tried to be normal."- Charlie Manson

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Just 95 available in the republic unfortunately. no 98 anywhere that I'm aware of, NI only.

Why is this the case? Is it legislation or a business decision by the fuel importers?

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

h3000 wrote: »
    Why is this the case? Is it legislation or a business decision by the fuel importers?

Decision by the importers. You can buy octane boosters to add to normal petrol. Unless your car is very high performance it will run fine on 95 and if it isn't high performance then it won't get any benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Del2005 wrote: »
    Decision by the importers. You can buy octane boosters to add to normal petrol. Unless your car is very high performance it will run fine on 95 and if it isn't high performance then it won't get any benefit.

Some cars will even run on 91ron which isn't available either.
    Saw a Kia something in a dealership, and inside the fuel flap it said 91Ron or 87(R+M)/2 .

Advertisement