Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting two boilers back into one unit

Options
  • 18-04-2019 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

We have bought a house and it’s concerted into two seperate units.

Upstairs and downstairs have there own boiler and heating controls which means we have two seperate bills and have to turn both on to heat whole house.

If we want to connect them back from the existing two into one boiler (preferably to the boiler downstairs as it’s new) would this be a big job and costly to do?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭jimf

you really would need to get a plumber to look at the set up for you

may sound stupid but will one boiler be capable of heating whole house

• Registered Users Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

How big is the house? How many radiators approx?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,265 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Each is probably scaled to the unit it supplies. So you are probably looking st ripping it all out and starting again. 8.k+

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Thanks for the reply.

Ah ok, I was thinking it wouldn’t be cheap to do. Looks like we have to leave it as is so!
    ted1 wrote: »
    Each is probably scaled to the unit it supplies. So you are probably looking st ripping it all out and starting again. 8.k+

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I'd say it just depends on the size of the house and everything. If cost is a concern, I'd say it's a thing to be done when one of the boilers needs to be replaced anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

I would say there is lots variables to this question, too many to be fully answered here.

You would be best to get an RGI plumber out to have a look and give you an estimate, most likely if the 'joining' of the system was straight forward, you would still most likely need to replace the boiler(s) with a larger appliance capable of heating both zones.

Advertisement