Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paint recommendation!

Options
  • 17-04-2019 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,861 ✭✭✭✭

Im hoping to paint wall copings in the next couple of days and also the kitchen walls. What brand of paint would you experts recommend for outdoor copings and indoor walls?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭Ceepo

muffler wrote: »
    Im hoping to paint wall copings in the next couple of days and also the kitchen walls. What brand of paint would you experts recommend for outdoor copings and indoor walls?

Wall capping??

If so are they previously painted.?
    If they're not how new are they?..
    If they're new caps they will need to have a primer applied 1st..

Internal walls in the kitchen... I cant recommend Colortrend Ceramic Matt highly enough. It is a bit more expensive but it's worth it in my opinion, looks better and is very durable..

• Registered Users Posts: 45,861 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Ceepo wrote: »
    Wall capping?
    Coping, capping - same thing. Can be called either / or depending on what part of the country you're in :)

If so are they previously painted.?
    If they're not how new are they?..
    If they're new caps they will need to have a primer applied 1st..
    They are probably on about 20+ years and have been painted several times in the past. Some have held up well while others would have various levels of paint flaking or weathering. Just need to touch them up so to speak but looking for paint that will stand up well to the elements

Internal walls in the kitchen... I cant recommend Colortrend Ceramic Matt highly enough. It is a bit more expensive but it's worth it in my opinion, looks better and is very durable..
    I'll certainly check that out.

Thanks for the reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Weathershield and vinyl soft sheen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Power wash and scrape off and loose paint on cappings. Use Sandtex, or Weathershield or fleetwood weather clad but add PVA in at a 1:10 ratio. For internal walls, can't recommend Crown Trade Scrubbable Matt highly enough. Easily the hardest wearing value for money paint on the market

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭omeara1113

Colour trend for inside dulux weathshield for exterior

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,861 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks everyone. Got some Weathershield earlier so I'll be tackling the outdoor stuff tomorrow hopefully. Done all the scraping a couple of days ago so all set to go.

I've decided to leave the kitchen for a couple of months but will get the recommended paint then.

Cheers all :)

Advertisement