Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remote for Sonos One?

Options
  • 12-04-2019 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Got a Sonos One to trial. Like it but miss the remote my Bose Soundtouch 10 has.

Any inexpensive remote (ideally with presets) that'd work with Sonos One.
    Thanks,
    Pa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Ionised

Literally any android or ios device will work as a simple controller.
    I have a very old Samsung tablet stuck to the wall in my kitchen that controls my Sonos plus other home automation stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Ionised wrote: »
    Literally any android or ios device will work as a simple controller.
    I have a very old Samsung tablet stuck to the wall in my kitchen that controls my Sonos plus other home automation stuff.

I've thought of that option but need to press to turn on, charge up frequently etc. Can't beat the ease of a dedicated remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Ionised

I hear what you are saying but the tablet I am using is charging all the time plus I use fully browser to both start the Sonos app and it uses the camera as a motion sensor so turns on the screen when I walk past.

To be honest I'd prefer buttons rather than a touchscreen but this setup is a fair compromise for me.

Advertisement