Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hoover washing machine - with no power

Options
  • 22-03-2019 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

hoover washing machine - is not turning on - seems to be no power - I changed fuse in plug & the socket has power. Any ideas how to resolve ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

Any ideas on this please.

Is it completely dead, have you checked the socket with something else

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

Yes checked the socket with a kettle - it works fine....and changed fuse to a fuse that def works...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

If you can determine that 230v are reaching the pcb , and it does not switch on then the pcb is faulty. Probably not worth repairing because of cost basically they are very poor since they started manufacture in Turkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Anteayer

They're now Chinese and ownerd by Haier since last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Hoover is crap. I''ve a 6 year old dryer that had it's first breakdown 3 years in and has required 3 different repairs since. Currently waiting for a 4 quid heater relay to arrive to avoid replacing the 110 quid board. Each time I want to feck it out. Each time I'm faced with a cheap fix and wrestle with the fecker.

Never again a hoover though.

If you're not conversant with electrical fault finding then you're beyond self-repair. If plug/fuse okay and the cable to the back of the machine is okay then you're into a component fault.

Hoover is crap. I''ve a 6 year old dryer that had it's first breakdown 3 years in and has required 3 different repairs since. Currently waiting for a 4 quid heater relay to arrive to avoid replacing the 110 quid board. Each time I want to feck it out. Each time I'm faced with a cheap fix and wrestle with the fecker.

Never again a hoover though.

If you have ever to fit a capacitor to the motor then you will have a right wrestling match on your hands

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

There is a simple solution to this problem. Call an electrician.

If you have ever to fit a capacitor to the motor then you will have a right wrestling match on your hands

I've actually had the privilege of performing that task.

One look at the dryer and I could see that it was going to be a complete dismantle - in order to get at the capacitor on a motor buried at the back of the machine. No side panels to remove.

And so, I took my 4" angle grinder, assessed where the capacitor would be, cut a 6" square hole in the side of the machine and turned a days work into a 10 minute job

:)

• Advertisement

I've actually had the privilege of performing that task.

One look at the dryer and I could see that it was going to be a complete dismantle - in order to get at the capacitor on a motor buried at the back of the machine. No side panels to remove.

And so, I took my 4" angle grinder, assessed where the capacitor would be, cut a 6" square hole in the side of the machine and turned a days work into a 10 minute job

:)
    That's fine if you are repairing your own t/d but if you are after repairing a customers dryer and young Johnny slices his finger on a sharp edge it could cost a lot of money before that finger is sorted

Advertisement