Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning for University Fees

Options
  • 04-02-2019 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've looked in the Sticky's and can't see anything so hope this isn't a much duplicated question, if it is Mods please combine or move as appropriate.

I've a son doing the LC in June and if all goes to plan he would like to attend either UCD or Trinity where his main CAO choices are Science/Maths/Computer Science centric.

We're lucky enough to live in an area where both UCD and Trinity are easily accessible so assuming he is successful my son will be living at home whilst studying for his degree.

I plan the family finances and am looking for info on what fee's will be payable for him to attend either UCD or Trinity. Having looked at both the UCD Student Contribution info and the Trinity equivalent it seems to me that the basic entry costs for a qualifying EU student which my son would be are circa €3,500.

Can someone confirm that I am looking at the right info and that ball park I need to budget +/- €3,500 per annum (subject to future increases) for the duration of the degree?

Also, apart from the day to day costs of study materials and living in general are there any other major costs I need to factor in?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

^^^^ Wrong forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭mickuhaha

Dit guide is 12500 EUR for living away and 7500 for living at home as an average per year.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Correct on fees - I think this year was 3250 for UCD and 3125 for trinity. Add a few hundred for books and joining societies.

Advertisement