Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Experience with this mecool box

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Don't think this box can be bought in Ireland but someone more knowledgeable than me should be along shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

I have one, wanted to have a box that does Freesat, Saorview, Plex, Netflix and IPTV.

This does the job, I am running custom firmware that I found on Freaktabs (I think). I have standard android but it also comes with Android TV custom firmware.

The DTV app for Saorview and Freesat isnt the most exciting but it does the job.

Any other questions let me know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭qhe0i9zvfgdou8

Thanks for your reply. Where did you buy it, can it be bought in Ireland. I'm not well up on this is it necessary to change the firmware.
    Also when you say the app for saorview and satellite isn't great what do you mean. Is it easy to negotiate and is difficult to change between satellite and saorview.
    Is there a full epg or just now and next. What app do you use for IPTV and does that run well on the box. Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks for your reply. Where did you buy it, can it be bought in Ireland. I'm not well up on this is it necessary to change the firmware.
    Also when you say the app for saorview and satellite isn't great what do you mean. Is it easy to negotiate and is difficult to change between satellite and saorview.
    Is there a full epg or just now and next. What app do you use for IPTV and does that run well on the box. Sorry for all the questions.

I bought it from Gearbest or one of them type of sites for around €100! Not too sure how the pre-installed firmware is. I mostly buy boxes that has some activity in the custom firmware as it gives the box a longer life!

You were able to manage the channels on Ki and Kii with software on your pc. For some reason this was taken away from the Kiii. So you need to delete the channels you dont want after a sat scan using the remote, which this day and age is crazy! But once you have your channels sorted you are good to go!

There is a full epg for Saorview, but only now and next for Sat. I looked for an addon for a full epg but nothing is out there. I was coming from an Enigma box which has addons for just about everything!

I use the IPTV and Lazy IPTV apps, both work very well on the box!

Feel free to fire any more questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

I too am looking for one box that will do Saorview, satellite and IPTV. I was about to pull the trigger on the Amiko a4 combo box but now I'm wondering if this would be a better option. Anyone with experience of the Amiko a4 combo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 JamesLenihan

Hi Banners,

Does the box put all the Saorview and Freesat channels into one list or do you have to switch tuners to see everything? Do you know if it does Netflix in 4K or HD? Thanks.

It puts all channels into one list.

Not too sure about Netflix, I think the Android TV firmware could do 4k as that is the purpose of Android TV.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Netflix is not working on mecool boxs in the latest apps for the last 4 weeks

netflix is blocking it

a fix hasnt been made yet

Advertisement