Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life is Strange

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Just playing through E5 again there to get the photos I missed.

That backwards scene has a couple of great things I overlooked on the first playthrough. Like taking the reverse photo of the skeleton by opening your journal. Or the txt message from Jefferson:
    "?eifles nmaddog eno in nrut ot ti si drah gnikcuf woH" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

1 week later this song is still stuck in my head :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The soundtrack in this game is so good. It might be the best licensed soundtrack for a game. Not that it has the best music of any game but it fits the tone so well.

Adding that to my Spotify!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The music was probably my favourite aspect of the game - or perhaps more precisely how Dontnod used music to create an atmosphere and contemplative moments. Using hip indie tracks to score emotional moments is no more nuanced than your bog standard teen movie, yet it's sadly telling that in a gaming context it still seems bizarrely revelatory. It's refreshing that Life is Strange takes so many 'time outs' to offer up some lyrical visual direction matched with a moody, emotive score. Much more than the game's trite thriller elements or the crude chaos theorising, it's the smaller, more understated moments that helped the series feel like something fresh and unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Agree on the soundtrack, fits the game perfectly. Been listening to it non-stop over the last week.

Even the title screen music is great.

• Advertisement

Sequel confirmed. Excellent.
    Dontnod co-founder Alain Damasio revealed as much during this French interview, stating that—according to Reddit's translation—"I worked as a script doctor on Life is Strange developed by the studio DONTNOD and I will participate on Life is Strange 2 later".

We've known that Dontnod wants to do a second season/sequel for a while now, with co-Game Director and Art Director Michel Koch stating that they'd probably use an all-new cast if there were to be a follow-up.

http://www.pcgamer.com/life-is-strange-2-confirmed-by-dontnod/

Just finished this myself over the weekend. I enjoyed it but was left a bit deflated by the ending. Well not so much the ending itself, it was obvious to me it would go along those lines but..... no specific spoilers here but will tag it
    given how much you impact on the rest of the story with your choices the end coming down to an A or B choice unaffected by anything else you did was unexpected and disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

ERG89 wrote: »

Yeah, i don't usually rebuy games, especially ones that i have digitally, but this is getting bought.

It's more to support the devs and show that i would like to play more games like this.

In a year of traditional blockbuster sequels it turns out that the episodic indie adventure game about a teenage girl was easily GOTY. It reminds me of the year that Deadly Premonition came out and pooped on everything else i had played that year by being infinitely more compelling.

I actually find myself thinking about LiS a good bit still and that is unprecedented because i've been playing games since the C64 days and had become a bit jaded with the entire industry.

Would like a physical copy of the soundtrack so I'll probably get this too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,896 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

complete season only $10 on US PSN for 2 days only as part of The Game Awards 2015 sale

complete season only $10 on US PSN for 2 days only as part of The Game Awards 2015 sale

Snap was just coming to say it was 10er on xbox live :D

That's great value, highly recommended if anyone is on the fence! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Snap was just coming to say it was 10er on xbox live :D

€4.50ish on xbox russian store :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Just finished this game after buying it in the steam sale the other week.
    Chose to sacrifice Chloe. I thought the scene with Max sitting helplessy in the bathroom crying as events between Chloe and Nathan played out was pretty powerful. And having heard about the other ending i think i made the right decision and i think this was the better ending.

When i first heard about this game i didnt have much interest thinking it was just some teen drama nonsense but it really surprised me and im glad i decided to give it a try. Probably my favourite pleasant surprise game this year.

Just looking at my brother playing this, and it's a journey in itself, wondering what choices he'll make.

He spent about 10 mins deciding
    if he should assist in Chloe's suicide. But looking at that scene again where Max watches William leave, knowing he's going to his death, it's a precursor to one of the endings that I never noticed. Great storytelling. Really looking forward to what dontnod do with season 2.

The limited edition physical copy is released in a few days. I thought it was an Amazon exclusive and since Amazon aren't delivering it to Ireland, I thought I was going to miss out but it's available on Gamestop too for pre-order so that's a pleasant surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I really want the limited edition but its 40 quid for something I already own, so it feels like a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I decided to pre-order the limited edition copy for my XB1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Argos has the PS4 physical copy for 35 quid..... hmm, its not bad, but then its such a waste just to have something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Double post…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Scumbag Max Caulfield

12494890_788854304552230_1381510875190623142_n.png?oh=85f7714a7e64500b49149546cf4780fe&oe=570202A4

They have patched in the Directors Commentary to the existing game as free DLC which is pretty cool of them. Unfortunately it's not like regular DC that plays as you play the game, it's just a bunch of making of videos access from the main menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Bought this there recently and I'm enjoying it thus far. Roughly how long is a standard full playthrough?

Cormac... wrote: »
    Bought this there recently and I'm enjoying it thus far. Roughly how long is a standard full playthrough?

From my experience, each episode was around 3 hours long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Finished it yesterday. Felt the ending was a bit like mass effect 3 where there were no good outcomes possiblw. Also reminded me a lot of Final Destination films in that you can't escape death. I loved the series but can't see how they could interest me in a game not involving chloe and max.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Finished up playing (EP5) last night,
    really hit me in the feels, still thinking about the outcome today and reading various other blogs posts about theories which is rare affect for me, be it coming from a book/movie/game :D

For those interested: Decided to save Chloe, as I felt at the time it was the right choice as at the time of the decision there was no proof that the outcome would be any different choosing AB or even if it was related (other than some unsubstantiated hints during the game), that and having repeatedly gone through the various experiences trying to save her over and over again.

Now I'm not sure what I want to play next, I think i might go play some Dark Souls to desensitize.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well I finally got myself a new PS4 and the first thing I did was download the final episode.

I don't have much to add except to say that I really enjoyed the episode and the season as a whole was excellent. It really felt like the final episode was that bit more experimental throughout.

I do have some nitpicky issues but I won't get into them. If there was something that I don't think I really liked, it's the final choice. For me this isn't really a choice. There is an obvious true ending and I would have preferred if Dontnod took that control and told the ending they wanted. I guess that may have caused some disappointment from fans used to making choices but it felt out of place for me.

Anyway don't want to end on a downer as I really did love the game and even replayed episodes to get the Platinum for it. Highly highly recommend.

tok9 wrote: »
    I do have some nitpicky issues but I won't get into them. If there was something that I don't think I really liked, it's the final choice. For me this isn't really a choice. There is an obvious true ending and I would have preferred if Dontnod took that control and told the ending they wanted. I guess that may have caused some disappointment from fans used to making choices but it felt out of place for me.

It does stick a little in the eye. I'd prefer an ending determined by previous actions in the game. A or B is quite silly really. Or even if the 2 choices have been determined by previous actions.

Although saying that, it was a tough choice, personally speaking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Here is a good interview with one of the Co-Directors <WARNING SPOILERS> https://youtu.be/xhxh3Iy_3Ic </WARNING SPOILERS> I found it brought a bit of closure to the choice I made.
    I honestly now believe that there was not a right choice, and its ultimately down to how you play the game and build the character Max is how you have to face and decide the final choice, either way there will be consequences that your character/Max must be prepared to live with. Far from the happy ending I was expecting and so much left to ponder.

Again to echo above, super game, highly recommended.

Advertisement