Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spirit communication

Options
  • 22-05-2004 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭

Your opinions on mediumship.
    I was wondering if anybody here has ever visited a medium or particpated in a seance (sp?) or even seen a ghost/spirit.
    also, in relation to paranormal Ireland, do you guys have a communicator or someone who acts as a receptor, like Derek Ancorah, in most haunted?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by remote viewer
    Your opinions on mediumship.
    Well I might get in trouble since this is a believers forum, but my oppinion is that it's a big business based around cold-reading and subtle confidence tricks.

I see a man, hmmm... yes... average height... ooh dark hair... middle aged... he says he's sorry for that thing he
    said and hopes you forgive him.

The thing you notice most - is that it always starts out vague, then gets more specific... now why is that?
    It's the science of getting information out of people without them even knowing it... facinating subject.

My sister when to a medium a while back, and said it was uncanny the things she "knew"... personally I'd like to believe it, but I think it's a crock.

I'd love to go to a medium just to sit there in stony silence - giving NOTHING away as to wether he/she was barking up the right tree... then see how accurate the end result is.

I do believe in intuition, and the reading of someones emotions or intentions based on subtle indicators, even if we don't know how we do it... I think it's lurking somewhere in our instincts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

was at a show in the RDS last year and as there was a medium on the premises, I payed her a visit, I did exactly what you suggested
    sit there in stony silence - giving NOTHING away
    and she got all defensive when I refused to answer HER questions. (she asked me how old I thought she was), I found the question totally irrelevant, laughed at her and told her I expected her to answer questions rather than ask them. pissed her off a bit, so then she said, "you can't tell me because you arent powerful like me. I am a romanov", and then insisted on spelling Romanov, so I wouldn't forget. Then I remembered why these people were burned at the stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

remote viewer are you serious? Man that is insane...

fair play to you. Thats pretty funny ****! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

I find it difficult to take too much too seriously, particularly when it comes to the paranormal.
    But, I've checked out quite a few mediums, partially because I'm skeptical, partially because I've had a few experiences myself, but mostly just out of plain curiosity.
    Theres quite a few mediums on the interweb and a lot of them need a good smacking because they are so outrageously pathetic at what they do, but I've also met what I consider the real deal and I've been blown away by the stuff they've said.

If anybody is interested, James van Praagh is a TV medium, who used to have a show on living TV and has a very structured website (I've chatted to him a few times there) He has also made movies for TV (living with the dead) based on his own life.
    So if anybody wants to go heckle some mediums this is a good place to start...
    it's a good place to "see" the thought behind the process or check out chat logs for seminars.

www.vanpraagh.com

just keep an open mind.

Advertisement